SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace
$670
$638
Cancelon
2,258 results
All reviewspool barmoroccan restaurantgarden viewatlas mountainshead conciergeall inclusive packagebeautiful hotelsmaller poolconcierge deskpool stafffree shuttleguest relationsrooms are largeseparate toiletmain restaurantpool sideplenty of sunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Length of Stay 11th July - 18th July and only wish we could have stayed longer. We were 'All Inclusive' and from our experience, this is one of the best 'All Inclusive Hotels' we have stayed at. Beautiful inside and everything was so clean with good amenities.We were concerned that the 'Ramadan Period' would have an affect on staff, but there was absolutely no need to have worried, as the service we found to be was nothing more than excellent. From reception to maid service and pool bar. With requests for more 'Coat Hangers' and 'More Coffee' in our room, nothing was too much trouble. Food was really good with multiple choices. We just wanted a week to relax and that is what we got. The only cirticsm we would make is the atmosphere could be improved by some 'Background Music' by the pool and in the evenings by the 'Bar'. I am sure there will be entertainment further on in the season, but this didn't really worry us for the week that we were there. I would like to say a big 'Thank You' to the 'Restaurant Matradee 'Karim' for outstanding service and good company and 'Cherif' 'Le Concierge' whom let us stay in our room a little longer due to our later flight. We couldn't find you when we were leaving to say 'Au revoir!' but we will be returning and we will find you!! Thoroughly recommend this 'Hotel'. Looking forward to coming back!

Room Tip: Garden Rooms seem to be slightly bigger.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Diane F,

I would really to thank you for having chosen the Kenzi Menara Palace to come and spend your holidays in Marrakesh , sharing with us this fantastic period of Ramadan during a week in all inclusive formula.
I am very happy to read that you were very satisfied of your stay and that you appreciated the quality of services in restaurants or in the other departments of the hotel. I am so proud by the grading you gave to the hotel “one of the best all inclusive hotels…”
I notice with a great pleasure the compliments that you sent to Karim, maître d'hôtel, and to Cherrif who takes care so well of the conciergerie.
I am delighted by your conclusion and I wait for your next trip on Marrakech with impatience.
Yours faithfully

René Baiada
Directeur Général

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Well Tuesday the hotel is over and I have found an improvement of some staff. The waiting staff are excellent and have been from say 1. The male reception staff are great and always smiling.
Food at the pool bar is nice and tasty and breakfast is nice. Buffet I am not liking that much but I can be a little fussy. Hotel is kept very clean and the cleaning staff are always smiling.
My room was spotless last night when we got home and a beautiful smell was in every room. I think a euro or two tip goes along way so leave a few bob and the room get the VIP treatment.
We are all having a great holiday and my son is learning to swim. We are going to try the Italian tonight and put are five year old in the kids clud so will keep u informed.
Oh just to mention, my wife forgot her handbag in the restaurant and only remembered half hour later and it was in the same spot untouched. The hotel staff are very trusting in my honest opinion.
Bye for now. Weather is beautiful

Room Tip: Even if ur AI give a tip here and there.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Guest DublinDaviebaby,

I read with a great pleasure the comments that you have posted on the travelers web site “Tripadvisor” and I noticed that your recent stay in july 2014 in the Kenzi Menara Palace was very successful .

I also noted the compliments that you sent to the hotel’s staff, particularly to the reception and restoration

Also, you liked the quality of the food and beverage department, especially in the snack pool bar and at the breakfast buffet.

Finally, you appreciated the general cleanliness of the hotel.

I like very much your two conclusions which are remarkable: “We are all having a great holiday” and “the hotel staff are very trusting”

Thank you for your visit, impatient and happy to welcome you again soon.

Best Regards.

René BAIADA

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is a great hotel but is almost completely ruined by the staff. The exception is the manager at reception who is always friendly and helpful. The rest are rude, disinterested and abrupt. For a 5 star hotel (which isn't exactly cheap) you expect a level of service that this hotel doesn't provide. You are often made to feel like an inconvenience rather than a guest. When ordering a drink for example the staff often talk amongst themselves before serving you and when they do finally serve you, there is no smile or even a basic level of customer service. Its straight back to talking to each other without even acknowledging you.

That said if you don't mind putting up with appalling staff then this is an excellent hotel. The all inclusive package is outstanding and the food is genuinely good which is rare for all inclusive hotels.

The pool is great and not too busy or noisy and the rooms are lovely.

Recommended but don't expect a smile!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Matt F

Dear Guest UKmatt123,

I am the first one responsible of this wonderful hotel because I am the managing director in charge, and the reading of your comment affect me particularly.

First of all, thank you for your visit during this summer 2014, you are right, when you choose the Kenzi Menara Palace, you deserve the good quality of services

I would like to analyze the interesting comments you wrote on TripAdvisor web site but, if you allow me, let me start with this kind comments that you had mentioned at the end of your text.

You said “ … this is an excellent hotel “ or “ the all inclusive package is outstanding “ or “ the food is genuinely good which is rare “ or “ rooms are lovely “ or “ the pool is great and not too busy or noisy “ or at last “ hotel recommended …”.

With all these qualities that you tasted yourself, do you really think that my hotel is “almost completely ruined by the staff”?

I sincerely regret that some staff were not equal to the hotel’s reputation but, I am sure, you understand that it is not in the hotel’s costums to annoy the guests who trust us.

Dear Guest UKmatt123, your sentence is very hard but I am certain i will be very honored to welcome you again and you will be totally convinced you have crossed a special combination of circumstances in July 2014.

Kind regards

René BAIADA

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Waiting and Bar Staff are very rude, inattentive, lack basic service skills and a smile appears a physical impossibility especially in the pool bar where it just seems like you are interrupting their conversations between themselves and generally an inconvenience to them.

If you have food at the pool bar beware that it is brought out from the kitchen and put on the bar side uncovered waiting for one of the staff to bring it to your table, during which time it can be subject to the flies on it that are around the bar, why not leave it in the kitchen and get the waiters to come and get it when it is ready rather, or cover it on the bar side rather than just leaving it. Although this seems to be the norm that the basis food hygiene standards are not adhered to as the bread rolls are just left out uncovered during all of the lunchtime service also!

All inclusive here comes via a wrist band but regardless signing for drinks or meals is randomly requested, why do we need to sign when we are all inclusive and have our wrist bands on?? As our details were never checked via our room card, our names varied from 'SERVICE AT THIS BAR IS VERY POOR' to 'Mr Potato Head', 'Mickey Mouse', 'D Duck' and 'Mr I P Freely' together with random room numbers.

Dark rum at the pool bar ran out at 11am and despite requesting action 3 times at the bar and once via reception to the bar manager, none had arrived by 2pm on monday. Just to note dark rum supplies were obvious at the other bar, but of course a member of staff collecting a bottle or even picking up a phone to request one was far too much effort and shrugged shoulders was the only response.

Sunday seems to be when the management team return as the marked change in effort is apparent.

There are some positives as per some of the other reviews on here including the friendly staff on the concierge and housekeeping.

I am sure the management will respond to these reviews as they have done with many others with positive spin however the importance should be placed on action being taken to address the issues as this could be a fantastic place that is currently being let down by the issues noted.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank xxRach227xx
Kenzi Menara P, E-commerce manager at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear client Rack 227;

I have read with great attention the comment that you left on Trip Advisor after your recent stay on July 2014.
I notice with regret that you were mildly satisfied by those few days spent in our hotel, the KENZI MENARA PALACE in Marrakech.
After examining your critics, it is obvious that you weren’t pleased with the service in the pool bar, and I deeply regret this situation. I will deal with this issue with much more focus than usual.
I would also like to confirm that our guests , on all inclusive basis do sign their invoices so that we can distinguish them for our others guests that choose other formulas.
Finally, I am very pleased to read that you describe the hotel as a fantastic place and I am sure that we will do everything in our possible to fully satisfy you for your next visit.

Fathallah Sebban
E-commerce manager

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We are currently staying here for 4 days and are 1.5 days in. This hotel could be so much better than it is because it is let down by the majority of staff.

Positives

Spacious room, clean, good location, very quiet.
Reasonably quiet hotel, not over full so lots of room around the pool for sunbeds/beds. Lovely big pool.
Food is nice.
Staff in the moroccan restaurant are excellent, friendly, attentive and courteous, including the live music.
The housekeeping staff are very friendly and polite.

Negatives

All of the bar and restaurant staff including reception, with the exceptions of the ones above, are uninterested, make you feel like an inconvenience, miserable, inattentive, and do not make a positive impression of the Moroccan culture.

Summary

Nice hotel in the good location, close to the airport, good facilities, but sadly let down by the staff who leave a negative lasting impression.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dwain_Pipe
Kenzi Menara P, E-commerce manager at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Dwain_Pipe,
As a start, I would like to thank you for choosing KenziMenara Palace for you stay.
It is always a pleasure to have people from all around the world take time to give a review on our hotel, so that we can improve our services with every comment.
As you have mentioned, one of the key strengths of KenziMenara Palace giving our gests the chance to benefit from luxurious and spacious hotel rooms and suites. KenziMenara Palace is a place that encourages its guests to relax and enjoy the Marrakesh sun by offering a quit and soothing environment.
You also said that the food was good and it is definitely one of our goals to offer the best culinary experience with the best quality possible.
As for the staff, you mentioned that the housekeeping staff are friendly and polite. KenziMenara Palace has always seeks for the entire staff to have irreproachable work ethics in order to achieve guest satisfaction. I am saddened to hear that you weren’t so pleased with some of our staff members. We would like to apologize on their behalf and we are looking though the manner to guarantee a negativity-free experience.

We would like to thank you again for putting your trust into our hotel, and we wish we could see you again on your next vacations.

Fathallah Sebban