Nothing about this hotel screamed 5 stars. The service was average, breakfast buffet was the same everyday and pool bar food was awful. We didn't eat dinner or lunch at the hotel based on the tasteless burger and greasy pizza we had on our first day at the pool side bar.
We converted our GBP into Dirhams at M&S in the UK but realised whilst in a taxi to the hotel that we had been given the AED dirhams and not Moroccan dirhams as requested. We asked reception if they could convert the currency but they said they had ran out of dirhams (hard to believe). I felt I had to beg her to change one AED note so that if could pay the taxi. She obliged after much persuasion.
My partner noticed a few guests had been provided with bedroom slippers. He requested 2 pairs and was told they'd be sent up to our rooms but they didn't arrive!
Excursions are over priced so consider booking them privately and not via the hotel.
What we appreciated:
The spa - we didn't have a massage but used the jacuzzi in the evenings once the sun had set.
Free shuttle service to the medina - this ran frequently and on time until 7pm.
Taxis readily available throughout the day should you miss the shuttle bus or need to head away from the medina but be sure to negotiate your fare beforehand.
Spacious rooms with comfortable beds.
A selection of movies for all ages
Location - equidistance from the medina and airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l'Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L'Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech