You could be literally anywhere in the world within this compound. Nice Rooms, Good Food, and a remarkable average at best staff. The Hotel gives no real feel of Morocco other than some architecture but if you are just looking for fun in the sun then it is probably right for you.
Check-In was a nightmare. The process is very strange. I have stayed in 5 Star resorts on most continents and the check in usually begins with: hello sir what is your name, a look up of the reservation, a confirmation of the duration of the stay, the exchange of a credit card and then a quiet un-eventful stay and usually no need to "officially" check out. We were told to sit (on a comfy couch) thinking alright this will be easy, but I had to nearly beg the woman to take my name down and or confirm my reservation through expedia, she then attempted to pre-authorize my card without stating any amount or anything and without confirming that I did indeed have a reservation. Finally I said, We have all inclusive, I will pay for my room now and this will be done.
The food and drink was very solid. Pool Bar Mojitos were great. All inclusive food was very very solid. Anyone complaining was probably expecting gordon ramsay to deliver their meal. Its solid, resort food, nothing more or less. Amazing desserts. Decent wine.
Generally with a few exception the staff was terrible. As others have said, if you have all inclusive they basically ignore you and treat you as a second class citizen though you have paid 150 dollars more than normal guests for the privilege. They want tips, they want fancy orders and they don't want to serve you even the simplest of requests if you have the "all inclusive" wrist band. If you think you are special maybe tip every single person when you get there if you don't want the same experience.
Check out, they attempted to tell me the room hadn't been paid and then were shocked to find a credit card terminal receipt issued just the day before in their lobby. After scurrying around they admitted fault and off I went.
I would say if you want to get sun, eat too much solid food, drink too much standard liquor and not really experience the culture of Morocco that this place is a best bet and away from all the craziness of the actual city. There are free shuttles into the city so if you are looking to escape and see the city by day that would work too.
Room was Great. Clean, Big, TV, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l'Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L'Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splitty, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech