I think that most good reviews come when a hotel surpasses expectations, with this hotel promising 5 star all inclusive accomodation it would have to go some way to deserve a rave review. What it did well was the pool and land scaping, lovely gardens and a huge pool with plenty of comfy sunbeds. The rooms were fine too, nice big beds and lots of storage to spread out.
We booked based on the "all inclusive" name of the hotel, however, we were actually only B&B, luckily we discovered this before we got there so no nasty bills but a bit of a sneaky trick that seems to be by the hotel not expedia. The breakfast was fine, there was enough choice for the few days we stayed but it certianly wasn't five star food. We didn't eat in the hotel other than at breakfast. The concierge recommended a lovely Italian restaurant in the new town so I would say to listen to their suggestions for food. They also arranged a trip to the Atlas Mountains which was good but the advice that we would be taking a 20 minute walk and would be ok in flip flops was a little wide of the mark! Prepare to climb over rocks and also to pay a separate guide on top of your driver (we thought the initial price seemed a bit too good to be true.) Also prepare to barter in the women's co-op they take you to on the way up, we were well into bartering in the souks but were a bit too generous in their shop!
Overall this was a good location for a group of girls wanting to experience the buzz of Marrakech over a slightly longer period of time so as to fit in a bit of rest and sun bathing. As we wanted to eat out every day it was fine that we weren't all inclusive as we first thought, we just thought drinks round the pool may have been good but no one seemed to mind that we took our own.
One day I would love to go to a 5 star hotel that was 5 star in every way, this was not the place to deliver that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l'Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L'Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech