“Stayed March 2013 bring a coat.....just in case!”

SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace
Ranked #95 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Stayed March 2013 bring a coat.....just in case!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 08/03/2013-15/03/2013
Weather was warm during day, Europe cold at night. Brought hoodies but could have done with more formal attire during evening visits to restaurants
Hotel was impressive, reception staff accommodating, rooms clean and spacious except for a sprinkling of ants which caused a few night time itches

Food. Two restaurants one buffet plus one Morrocan. Tried buffet on first night which was poor, there are far better places to eat a short taxi ride away. Never tried Morrocan as it never showed up on our research of the best restaurants (we used Conde Naste, Time Out, Hipmarrakech etc

Facilities. Pool is huge and is a fine place to spend a day in the sun with good sun beds and a bar which serves ok snacks and drinks. Service can be patchy as they seemed to be understaffed with one waiter trying his best to service the guests whilst his colleagues chatted or played football..

Gym/spa small but modern and clean with a small heated massage pool

Bars, ok but same standard of service as pool so be prepared to wait to be served as the waitress will be on her own.

Clientele. Mostly French, with business guests on conferences and smattering of (well behaved) Brit women on weekend breaks

Negatives. Taxis. I felt that the staff could have done more to prevent guests from being exploited here. The average taxi fare to the medina should be 60-70 Dirhams. We were charged from 80-150 and the only time we got the correct fare was when we visited Pepe Nero restaurant whose staff couldn't believe what had happened and ensured our return was at the correct rate (one of the best restaurants in town also, try it)

All in all you won't be disappointed by your stay here, drinks and food a bit pricey but then the trade off is that your fellow guests know how to conduct themselves. We toyed with Riads as a base get an authentic Marrakech experience but after the hustle and bustle of a city break a day round the pool offered sanctuary a Riad probably couldn't .

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank rmca
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur d'exploitation at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear rmca,
I am pleased to read your fabulous comment posted on trip advisor about your recent stay in Marrakech and I would like to thank you for having chosen the Kenzi Menara Palace.
I am really happy to know that the reception staff was helpful and kind, the rooms were spacious and clean. I am also glad that the huge pool surrounded by a grandiose garden with its comfortable sun beds and the modern and clean GYM/SPA did suit your needs.
I have attentively noted your remarks about the Snack pool’s snacks, drinks and about the bar service standards,
For the taxi drivers, please be informed that all the taxis outside are not depending on the hotel, but we won’t miss to inform the taxis office about your complain.
Finally, I am glad to read that you did recommend our beautiful Kenzi Menara Palace, and we are proud that we have the combined between the modern and the Moroccan authentic experiences.
Dear rmca, my colleagues and I, are looking forward welcoming you again in the Kenzi Menara Palace for another unforgettable experience in Marrakech.
Best regards.

JAFAR AGOURD
Operations Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Willersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Spent several visits to Marrakech in this hotel and really enjoyed the attentive staff, relaxed atmosphere. I was very surprised that it was never busy as its a great place to be, slightly out of town but only a few sheckles in a taxi to the centre. Fabulous swimming pool, quality large room, wifi etc.. All in all really enjoyed and would recommend.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave S
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Dave S,
I would like to thank for your time spent to write your comment on tripadvisor, and for having chosen the Kenzi Menara Palace for your last journey in Marrakech.
I’m pleased to read your review, and see that you have enjoyed the attentive staff, the relaxed atmosphere, the location of the hotel which is near to the airport, downtown, and all attractions .you have appreciated as well the spacious room overlooking the fabulous swimming pool surrounded by a magnificent garden.
Thank you for your conclusion; “All in all really enjoyed and would recommend”
Looking forward welcoming you again for another enjoyable holidays at the Kenzi Menara Palace.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

we have just returned from a a week in marrakech and spent our first 4 nights at this gorgeous hotel, the staff at the restaurants go to great lengths to make you feel welcome and coffee/tea is continuously topped up!

One night we mislaid our credit card and the staff had handed it to reception when they found it and we had a call to say it had been left in restaurant. Very impressed with the quality of the food in both the restaurants and the breakfasts were gorgeous, well done kenzi menara palace.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nibbles22
Dear Nibbles22,
I would like to thanks you for your comment posted on tripadvisor about your stay in our Palace the Kenzi Menara.
I’m really glad to read that our restaurant’s team was very professional and they have made you feel welcome and have served you gorgeous food in both breakfast and dinner. I’m also so proud of our helpful team, which has dealt so honestly with your credit card issue.
Looking forward receiving you again in Kenzi Menara Palace.
Faithfully yours

Madrid
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and me spent a long weekend (4 nights) at the Kenzi Menara Palace at the end of January. The hotel in general and in particular the rooms are very spacious. With the winter discounts of up to more than 50% off the regular rates, the hotel is quite a good deal and I would say it's ideal to use as a base for exploring the city of Marrakech. Most attractions of Marrakech are within a 10-15 minute taxi ride and the taxi fares to the city centre could normally be negotiated to about 5 euros (50-60 MAD). The handicap-adapted room we had was very well adapted for disabled guests, including a foldable wall-mounted seat in the shower. Initially we had some trouble with the room heating but the staff helped us resolve the problem in a reasonable time. The breakfast was very good with a wide selection of hot and cold dishes along with the typical omelets made to order. However the Moroccan restaurant inside the hotel was not very good, we much preferred going away from the hotel for lunch and dinner. The free wireless internet was surprisingly good in most of the hotel, including our room. The taxi ride from the airport to the hotel was a bit of a rip-off since we were more or less forced by the "airport taxi-mafia" to pre-pay 20€ and returning with a local taxi was only half that price.

Room Tip: La habitación doble adaptada a personas con movilidad reducida que nos dieron (la 130) está en la pl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NilsSpain
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear guest NilsSpain,

as a General Manager, I would like to thank you for having chosen the Kenzi Menara Palace for your recent stay in Marrakech, and for your time spent to write your comment posted on tripadvisor.
I read attentively you review, and happy to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us,
I’m proud to see that you have appreciated the very spacious rooms overlooking the amazing Atlas mountains snow covered , the localization of the hotel which is close to airport, city center and most attractions of Marrakech, the facilities provided to disabled people inside the room and outside it, the professionalism of the staff, the hearty breakfast with a wide selection of hot and cold meals, typical omelets, local crepes made by a live show cook, and the free wireless at your disposal in the entire the hotel.
Dear guest NilsSpain, we will be delighted to welcome you again in our magnificent palace in order to make your next holidays in Marrakech more enjoyable.

Kind regards

Directeur général
Florida
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My mum and I have just returned from 4 days in this wonderful hotel and are already planning our return visit. I have stayed in hotels all round the world and have never come across such helpful, courteous and friendly staff! They smile all the time, always greet with a shake of the hand or a wave; very polite indeed. My mother is disabled and as soon as I said that our room wasn't suitable for her we were offered a much more suitable one with mobiliity accessories. The food at this hotel is fabulous, plentiful with lots of choice. The musicians in the Moroccan restaurant were very friendly and we had a lot of fun with them and the excellent waiter and the lady singer in the bar has a lovely voice, too.

Room service was fast and efficient and all requests were dealt with quickly and efficiently.

The pool area is lovely and the waiter very friendly and accommodating. All public areas are kept clean and bright. The lady in the shop opposite Reception is delightful and very helpful.

We had an amazing oriental massage which was very relaxing and the ladies were very patient and helpful with my mother. The hammam, sauna and indoor pool are a nice addition.

We had two trips out organised by Cherif which were excellent with a private guide on the one day who was brilliant at pushing mum's wheelchair around the souk and he was very knowledgeable and entertaining.

The young concierge who took us back to the airport yesterday was wonderful, he even went into the airport to fetch me a wheelchair for mum and a porter to take our luggage and asked him to wait in line at check-in until we arrived! He then insisted on wheeling mum into the airport to save me the trouble. What service!

There were a couple of negatives and I do have to agree with another person's comments that it was difficult to get coffee and cutlery in the mornings but the staff were still very polite and helpful. It would also be helpful to have rails near the steps for disabled people and the slopes for wheelchairs are too steep. However, the staff were always willing to assist me.

My final comment is that this is a brilliant hotel, with wonderful staff who are all dedicated to ensure that visitors have a great experience at their hotel. The food is great, the hotel is in a super location and I WILL BE BACK!!!

Room Tip: Pool view room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jillyfrilly
Dear guest jillyfrilly,

I have just read your kind comment posted on tripadvisor about your recent journey at the Kenzi Menara Palace the wonderful hotel that I’m pleased to manage.
First of all, I want to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your holidays in Marrakech, and for your time spent to share your experience with other travelers.
I’m very proud to see that you have appreciated the smiling, courteous, friendly and professional staff, the suitable room with mobility accessories for your mum and all the facilities dedicated to disabled people, the efficient room service , the fabulous food plentiful with lots of choice in both of our restaurants, Moroccan one with its magic oriental touch and international one with all Mediterranean flavors, the Spa by Terrake,which is a place where the time stops to give our guests the opportunity to be inspired by the relaxing massages ,the amazing Hammam ,sauna, indoor pool ,and the ladies who were patient and helpful ,as well as the wonderful assistance provided by our Concierge service until the last minute of your stay .
Please Madame, be informed that the entire hotel is equipped with many rails and slopes for disabled people .and we implemented a procedure to maintain our high quality service even if the hotel is full.
Thank you for beautiful conclusion:” this is a brilliant hotel, with wonderful staff who are all dedicated to ensure that visitors have a great experience at their hotel. The food is great; the hotel is in a super location and I WILL BE BACK!!! ”

Dear guest jillyfrilly, all my colleagues and I, will be happy to welcome you again in “your” palace, in order to make your next journey in Marrakech, like a Dream.

DIrecteur général
Nelson
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our first dinner (for two) in Marrakech from the hotel buffet (Insense restaurant) cost 1120 dirham and was very poor quality.
A monkfish tagine later during our stay from the Moroccan restaurant was equally disappointing and took 50 minutes to arrive.
Don't expect Michelin-worthy food or prompt service. Breakfast service was chaotic with insufficient waiting staff on duty - be prepared to ask (repeatedly) for coffee, crockery or cutlery from the 2 waiters/1 waitress who have perfected the art of studiously "looking through" guests to a fine art. Raise your hand for attention, they will catch your gaze, nod in acknowledgement then walk off in the opposite direction ...leaving you non-plussed and still waiting - even the intervention of management to assist did nothing to alleviate the frustration of waiting.

Tap water is undrinkable but there's no complimentary water on offer from the room mini-bar

The hotel barman was surly and off-hand (removing olives/nuts from the bar instead of replenishing them) ......almost no-one smiles - why?

But it's not all bad....the hotel location is attractive with the Atlas mountains in the distance, the pool and gardens are spacious and the rooms are of generous size.

We found the hotel reception staff polite, helpful and courteous and a 3 hour extension to check out time (quoted at 100 dirhams per hour) was not charged.

A pleasant place to stay but please please please get more staff and ask them to react to requests and smile.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Kenzi Menara P, General Manager at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Gee M,

I’m the General Manager of the Hotel, and would like thank you for your time spent to write your comment on tripadvisor.
I read attentively your review, and noted that you have appreciated the good location of the hotel which is just 10 min from the airport and the city center, the generous size of the room overlooked the beautiful Atlas Mountains, the amazing and huge swimming pool surrounded by a magnificent garden, as well as the hotel reception staff who are polite ,helpful and courteous .
I took note of your remarks regarding the restaurants and bar, which I will discuss with my collaborators in order to improve the breakfast service when the hotel is full, and we would like to apologize about it . Please be informed that the buffet costs only 280 Dirham per person.

Dear Gee M, we will be delighted to welcome you again in our palace, to make you forget this experience and enjoy all the benefits ,and the delights that the Kenzi Menara Palace provides to its guests with smile and smile and smile .

Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough, I'm very difficult to please and everything in this hotel was just fantastic. Our room was huge, well furnished, spotlessly clean and with a lovely balcony overlooking the pool which was fabulous. The pool was beautiful with gorgeous sun loungers and a great poolside bar which served good snacks. The breakfasts were amazing with everything you could wish for and regularly replenished, served by attentive and very courteous staff. The staff helped make our stay here very special, from the amazing concierge Charif who organised all our trips and made our restaurant reservations, offered advice and made everything run smoothly to Adil the Public Relations manager and Fatima on reception, who both went out of their way to make sure we were happy with everything and were a pleasure to talk to about our stay and experiences. The spa is also wonderful, very relaxing and with a good selection of treatments, again with charming staff. Room service was prompt and someone arrived at our room within 5 minutes when our TV didn't work - and fixed it straight away. The hotel is in a good location, just 10 minutes from the market square, souks and main tourist attractions, but located in beautiful gardens, well tended with many quiet seating areas. We had a fantastic week and were sorry to leave, thanks to everyone at the Kenzi Menara Palace for giving us a holiday to remember.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Izzy146
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Izzy146,

Thank you for your wonderful comment full of compliments from the beginning:” I couldn’t recommend this highly enough “until the conclusion: “We had a fantastic week and were sorry to leave “, and for having chosen the Kenzi Menara Palace the amazing hotel that I have the pleasure to manage.
I’m very happy to note that you have appreciated, the huge, well furnished and the spotlessly clean rooms, their balcony overlooking the fabulous pool with its sun loungers and the great poolside bar, the breakfast which is regularly replenished, provides everything that a client could wish for, the magic moments in the spa, and the high quality of room service, as well as the good location of the hotel which is just 10 minutes from the famous square and souks.
Dear costumer, I will not miss to transmit you compliments to CHERIF, ADIL, FATIMA, and all the staff in order to refine our quality service and make it higher.
All my colleagues join me to express the hope to welcome you again for your next stay in Marrakech.

Directeur général