Weather was warm during day, Europe cold at night. Brought hoodies but could have done with more formal attire during evening visits to restaurants
Hotel was impressive, reception staff accommodating, rooms clean and spacious except for a sprinkling of ants which caused a few night time itches
Food. Two restaurants one buffet plus one Morrocan. Tried buffet on first night which was poor, there are far better places to eat a short taxi ride away. Never tried Morrocan as it never showed up on our research of the best restaurants (we used Conde Naste, Time Out, Hipmarrakech etc
Facilities. Pool is huge and is a fine place to spend a day in the sun with good sun beds and a bar which serves ok snacks and drinks. Service can be patchy as they seemed to be understaffed with one waiter trying his best to service the guests whilst his colleagues chatted or played football..
Gym/spa small but modern and clean with a small heated massage pool
Bars, ok but same standard of service as pool so be prepared to wait to be served as the waitress will be on her own.
Clientele. Mostly French, with business guests on conferences and smattering of (well behaved) Brit women on weekend breaks
Negatives. Taxis. I felt that the staff could have done more to prevent guests from being exploited here. The average taxi fare to the medina should be 60-70 Dirhams. We were charged from 80-150 and the only time we got the correct fare was when we visited Pepe Nero restaurant whose staff couldn't believe what had happened and ensured our return was at the correct rate (one of the best restaurants in town also, try it)
All in all you won't be disappointed by your stay here, drinks and food a bit pricey but then the trade off is that your fellow guests know how to conduct themselves. We toyed with Riads as a base get an authentic Marrakech experience but after the hustle and bustle of a city break a day round the pool offered sanctuary a Riad probably couldn't .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l'Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L'Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech