“great hotel great price”

SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace
Ranked #95 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Portishead, United Kingdom
“great hotel great price”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Having read some of the reviews on trip advisor we were a little concerned as to what we would find but need not of worried as everything about the hotel was great. Large clean rooms, good food in all the restaurants, beautiful gardens and pool area a real oasis of calm after the hustle and bustle of Marrekech centre. We could if we wanted too start to get picky about some small aspects ie there were l areas of maintenance needed in some areas but it appeared that most of these were being addressed, some though not all staff were not as attentive but that suited us fine as in some hotels we have stayed at staff have been over attentive. The only minor issue would be that the balcony doors did not lock not an issue when you are on the third floor might be in you are on the ground. Summing up a great hotel and a great price and would have no hesitation in either recommending the hotel or staying there on a return trip

Room Tip: we had a garden room that did look onto the hotel grounds but also out across the roads and surround...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank smartie580424
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Customer SMARTIE580424,

I liked a lot the comment which you put down on the site of the travelers Tripadvisor ; first of all, you found that certain comments did not deserve the used severity.
On the contrary, you judge that the hotel is great, with large and clean bedrooms, very good food in all restaurants, beautiful gardens which create a real oasis of peace.
We note however your suggestion for the lock of the sliding doors of balcony and are going to remedy it.
Dear Customer SMARTIE, I particularly liked your magnificent conclusion which affects me and delights all my employees.
All my team joins me to thank you for your stay and we are impatient for receiving you again.
We wish you one very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

René BAIADA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This venue has so much potential: location is good (being slightly away from the city agitation - just a bear 5 min drive from Jemaa el Fnaa square - is enjoyable / feels like being in an oasis of calm ; in walking distance of Carrefour shopping centre offering food court, supermarket, clothing, multimedia shops and from very good night clubs including the Pacha (the biggest and most famous club in Marrakesh), staff are extremely friendly and helpful, lobby & pool settings are very nice, rooms are spacious, gym is great.
However maintainance of the premises is very average and definitely not in relation with its 4 star ranking (eg broken curtain hangers in the restaurant, screws left on the room balcony, wooden furniture in the room worn down, building in need of a paint coat refreshner...).
Rooms are very noisy (doors from other rooms are making dreadful noise when being shut, tile floor makes it a nightmare when other guests in rooms upper floor are walking especially late night or early hours of the morning, housekeeping ladies turning down the rooms at 07:30 on a sunday morning is really not pleasant).
Finally, the free shuttle service to Jemaa el Fnaa square ends late afternoon which is a pity as the nightlife of the square is a highlight of a stay in Marrakesh.

Room Tip: Rooms on the last floor and overlooking the pools are quieter
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RainbowNomads
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Customer Rainbow Nomads,

I am very happy to receive your impressions of the last stay you made in Marrakesh in the hotel I manage, Kenzi Menara Palace.
I note with pleasure your complete satisfaction on the location of the hotel, the peace which reigns there, the staff who is extremely friendly and professional, the lobby as well as the swimming pool very pleasant and the big size of bedrooms and SPA.
On the other hand, we take advantage of this more quiet period, before Christmas and new Year holidays, to make works of refurbishment and shall be totally ready to receive you in the best conditions for your next stay in Marrakesh, in «your hotel ".
Waiting forward to welcome you soon,

Sincerely yours.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed in this hotel as part of a company conference for which the facilities were fine. The rooms were average (no Kleenex in the room for example). The hotel is run down but could be so much nicer especially as the grounds are lovely and the hotel structure is appealing. Service is in general very good but breakfast is not serviced properly. It is located far from downtown and the main attractions, especially as taxis are very expensive in this town. The Internet access was awkward and then TV in the room did work always.

Room Tip: The hotel is very big so you need to be near the lobby unless it is summer and you plan to be in the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Tarek M,

I am the general manager of the Kenzi Menara Palace in Marrakesh and am very happy to have you here recently in this beautiful hotel.
I want to thank you for choosing this Palace for your stay and send your impressions on Tripadvisor.
I see that you liked the hotel in general, equipment at your disposal, the beautiful gardens and the attractiveness of the structure, the service in general.
However, I regret that the good quality of the breakfast was damaged by poor service.
Finally, it is true that the Kenzi Menara Palace is not centrally located, but this location is an asset for the hotel which is so quiet and relaxing, face and foot of the snowy Atlas, extraordinary spectacle and privileged sight.
Early failure Wifi was repaired the same day and everything is in order now.
By reiterating our thanks for your confidence, and proud to count you among our faithful clients,
Sincerely yours.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I came back after one year to the very same place, and very little changed. Service is still very good and polite and the staff is smiling and welcoming. The place gets a little more "used" in one year, but it is by no means worn down.

My remarks from last year still applies: it is off the beaten track seen from Marrakesh, but do use their free shuttle to town (and insist that the take you to downtown centre and also that they pick you up at the agreed time and spot). Near the hotel is a commercial centre (walking distance) with a Carrefour and some selected shops that are not very busy in late November.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Jacob57
Dear Customer JACOB57,

I am the managing director of the hotel Kenzi Menara Palace of Marrakesh and am very sensitive to the message which you were kind enough to leave on the site of Tripadvisor after your stay in Marrakesh.
Mister JACOB 57, you are now an accustomed customer and you appreciated services of the hotel with the same degree of satisfaction as for your first passage. I would like to thank you warmly for your compliments and for your loyalty.
Looking forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel,
Sincerely Yours.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

After being told that there had been a computer error and no room was available, we got transfered to the inferior Kenzi Club Agdal Medina up the road, with an all inclusive wrist band. I felt cheated and unhappy. I went back to the Menara Palace and insisted that we stay where we booked and had expected to be.
The manager on duty (Alid) listened to my concerns and helped me move back to the Kenzi Menara Palace - I still do not know or understand the true reason why they put us through this ordeal (but they did have 3 conferences while we stayed , so that could have been the reason.)
After that first afternoon, our stay there was delightful, I enjoyed the solitude, the peace and quiet by the pool (a million miles away from the other 'club' which is good, but not the kind of holiday we wanted.)
The rooms are clean and stylish. comfy / firm beds, but pillows are dreadful! There is hot water and both bath and shower. They offer great room service and I found all the staff were hospitable and kind. I did find that the patio doors from our room to the poolside area had a broken lock, but as it is an enclosed hotel with security, I didn't feel that it was a huge problem.

They offer a great breakfast with lots of variety, which I enjoyed every morning.

There is a free shuttle every two hours into the town, which drops you right at the heart of Marrakech at Djemaa el Fna - where you are told the pick up times from the driver.

I am a fussy bugger, and like everything to be ' just so' this Hotel met ALL my expectations and I truly recommend it - just don't be fooled into staying up the road when they have plenty of rooms available, it seems to be a marketing ploy to get you to spend top dollar for 5 star luxury, only to be taken to the less than 5 star Kenzi Club Agdal Medina - under the false impression you are getting good value & extras at no cost. It's the same company - the same brand, but like so many times in Marrakech, you are more than likely being tricked & lied to.

Beware of the TAXI drivers!
I stopped using the local taxis, because they try to rip you off and charge you almost double the going rate (plus they rarely have seat belts and drive like maniacs)

Ask for the Concierge to drive you into your restaurant or destination in the hotel's shuttle and pay them instead for comfort and safety!

Best restaurant in town Al Fassia (not the one by the Hotel but in Gueliz) I would have eaten there EVERY night, but for my other half!

I will go again!

ENJOY!

Room Tip: Choose a pool view room - other wise you're pretty much facing a dual carriage way!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear customer Mark H,

In my first quality of responsible for the Kenzi Ménara Palace, I would like, first of all, to thank you for having chosen this hotel for your stay in Morocco. The public relations, Mister Adil, congratulates himself on your appreciations and is happy to have been able to make you come in our establishment.
You liked the comfort of bedroom and bathroom, which is equipped with a bathtub and a shower, a fantastic luxury.
You found breakfast "excellent", with many choices. You liked all the staff was hospitable and kind.
I am very proud that you recommend our hotel which answered all your expectations but, please, do not think that you were the object of any voluntary error between Kenzi Agdal and Kenzi Ménara Palace; I have a profound respect for the customers, which I share with my employees.
As you, I like very much the Moroccan gastronomy, which is one of the most famous on the world.
By renewing you my sincere thanks for your comment and looking forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again very soon,
Sincerely Yours,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2012

my husband and i stayed at the kenzi menara in august 2012. we had a terrible experience!! i hated every moment that i was in that place. it is dirty and the staff are rude and lazy. there were cockroaches running around in the dining area and the staff did not bat an eye lid!!
i felt very unsafe in the hotel. i got a taxi from the hotel...as soon as the taxi drove out of the hotel we were stopped by another taxi driver who worked for the hotel....in the middle of the main road he threatned to hit our taxi driver and forced us to get into his taxi...he then demanded a large sum of money and threatned us that he knew gangsters and so did other staff in the hotel if we didnt pay him. we payed him and got out!! on our return to the hotel..we informed the concierge straight away as the same taxi driver was waiting for his next victim right outside the hotel entrance!!! NOTHING was done about this. please be very careful if you visit and stay here, particularly if you are alone. it was a relief to leave this place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank solo_cloud
Dear Madam,

I am the general manager of the Kenzi Menara Palace of Marrakech and am happy you chose, for your stay in August, this Luxury hotel that you did not have the opportunity to appreciate and I regret it so much.
You think of having perceived cockroaches in the hotel. I would like to say to you that in very warm season and August is a part of it, we proceed to a treatment with insecticide every week, by a highly qualified company, to avoid any invasion; in these occasions, it can have diversions there and I am highly sorry about it. My apologies for it.
Dear Guests, taxis in Morocco are managed by private persons and do not belong to the hotel. If you have a complaint against them, you send me an appropriate letter, with all details, and I shall carry it to the competent authority for a rigorous follow-up.
Dear Madam, I am really sorry that you are not completely satisfied by your first stay and would like to have the opportunity to receive you again to forget that first testing and to taste the comfort of my hotel.
If you decide it, I see you soon to share this pleasure with you.
Sincerely yours,

Jeddah
Reviewed November 12, 2012

After a 4 hour bus ride from Casablanca to Marrakech, when a tired bunch of 16 adults and 1 infant drove up to the reception, we knew our next 3 days were going to be great! The reception and lobby areas are very well spread-out with comfortable seating all around. We were served hot Moroccan tea on arrival. The check-ins took some time, but that was understandable as we had to check in for 8 rooms!
The rooms were a long walk away but definitely worth it! They are large, spacious and very comfortable. Our room had a cot ready for our baby :) although it was more like a playpen, and we didn't use it as it wasn't possible to bend so low to lay down a sleeping baby. The bed, however, was large enough. We weren't able to enjoy the spacious balcony due to the windy weather. The bathrooms are large and spacious, too.
The breakfast in the restaurant was very wholesome, with a lot of delicious choice!!! The eggs bar always had a long line though, and took some time.
The resort premises were very beautiful and spacious. We visited the spa as well and enjoyed some really good, relaxing treatments there.
The lobby restaurant was really good and helpful, as one night we ordered some sandwiches and drinks very late at night and the waiter was extremely friendly and helpful.
The hotel was always fragranced with essences, making us feel even more relaxed and refreshed! Moreover, as we were a big group, we were given a very good discountas well.
In all, we had a really memorable time at this hotel and would definitely recommend it to any one!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sansaad
Dear Customer Sansaad,

We are totally delighted to read the comment which you took time to put down on the site of Tripadvisor.
We notice that your stay in our hotel Kenzi Menara Palace in Marrakesh took place well.
We note with a lot of pleasure that you liked the reception welcome of the first day, the arrangement and the size of the bedroom and the bathroom, the healthy and delicious choice of the breakfast, the preparation “à la carte” eggs.
We are pleased to see you appreciated the lobby restaurant and the room service, which has an efficiency service.
At last, we thank you and are proud for your conclusion “…we recommend this hotel to any one”.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon,
All the staff of the hotel,