We traveled to Morocco in February and visited Casablanca and Marrakech. We had a great time in Marrakech partly because of our stay in this riad! Although the riad was fairly secluded, it was not far away from the gates of the Old Medina. Once we found the place however, we were surprised by its decor and stylish look. Every room had a unique Moroccan look to it and no two rooms appeared to be the same. We were situated on the top floor in a room that offered great privacy for the duration of our stay. There was no noise that would bother us and the staff was respectful and reliable at all times. They were very helpful as well--during one of the days, the manager drove us from the riad to the Menara Gardens, which is a considerable distance away. Furthermore, the riad offered great deals on tours to the mountains and other local sights.
The breakfast was different every day of our stay. It was always made with organic, local products (jams, butter, etc.) and was excellent. Sitting on the roof, watching the beautiful Atlas Mountains (which can be clearly seen from the hotel, especially in the morning) while having our breakfast was a lovely experience. Overall, we are extremely satisfied with the quality of the riad and the service of the staff, notably the manager and the staff member Said. Thank you for the good accommodation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . And also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech