I enjoyed our stay at this Riad very much. The staff was kind, attentive, helpful and multi-lingual. We arrived late at night and they still made food for us and took the time to introduce us to what they had to offer. The staff made every effort to make sure we had a good time. They were able to answer many questions we had about excursions, and went out of their way to ensure that we were satisfied.
Our room was lovely, and on the top floor where there is also a jacuzzi. Our room was clean and quiet, being next to the 'little mosque' was just fine even with the call to prayer.
The Riad is away from the center, but frankly I was glad to have a respite and also be able to have a look at a different kind of neighborhood in the city. We like walking very much though, and travelers with less freedom might find this to be a drawback. Another note on that point: the Riad did not have an elevator but it did have a room on it's first floor.
I'd stay again, if I returned to Marrakech, and I would recommend this place to friends and family. I only wish that when we'd asked specifically for walking directions from the train station, they'd accommodated us rather than warning us off because of the distance. We did walk (yes I knew it would be several kms), we then had a little trouble finding the place - locals were kind enough to help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . And also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech