This is without doubt one of the best places I have stayed in while on holiday!
The personal touch really makes this place stand out- I used my stay here to propose and from start to finish Karen and all of the other staff at the Riad were fantastic in helping me plan a day trip to the mountains, decorate our room with flowers, chocolate and champagne on our return and make evening dinner reservations. Mustafa, Saed and the two French ladies really made you feel welcome and I got the impression that no task or request was too much for them, at whatever time of the day!
Taxi pickup from the airport is free and arranged by Karen the owner before arrival. On arrival at the Riad, there is free mint tea and Moroccan pastries as well as a map and a guide of the city including directions to the main square (20 min walk) and attractions.
Breakfast was different every day and included various Moroccan pastries, cakes, breads, fruits and yogurts. We had so much each day that we didn't have lunch the entire week we were there. Eating up on the roof terrace as the sun was coming out really was a great start to the day.
The roof terrace is small but not limited and we enjoyed 2 afternoons relaxing on the sun loungers. Mustafa or Saed would happily continue to top up our cold drinks (beer and cocktails available) and provide us with some free nuts. The rooftop Jacuzzi was a great way to chill out after a few hours sunbathing and we even took our bottle of champers up here to enjoy!
Our stay in Marrakech was definitely enhanced through staying in this Riad. In a city where it can becoming tiring being hassled after a day in the square, this was the perfect retreat for a few hours of relaxation, where the magnificent staff catered for your every need, always with a smile!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . And also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech