Booked in here on the 13th August, and stayed for 3 nights. I was in the Salwa room, which was really nice. I was by myself, but I would recommend this room for couples.
I booked very last minute (on the morning before arriving), and I went with La Porte Rouge because the speed of their response and the information in their e-mail was both helpful and personal. Adil, who works in the office, was a superstar in this respect.
My flight arrived an hour late, but the airport transfer was smooth and the guy who picked me up was in great spirits despite hanging around. I'd recommend this option as it's only 10euros, and you'll get ripped off by the airport taxis paying more.
I arrived, was greeted with some orange juice and given an orientation of the city - very helpful.
So, plus points:
- great food (better value that a lot of places in town), good alcohol selection, great caretakers (Mustafa and Said will ensure you're not lost for anything), nice plunge pool, great jacuzzi, and excellent management. Karen, the owner, was extremely helpful in arranging another location for me to stay due to the Riad being fully booked when I wanted to extend a night.
Any negative points?
- maybe the rooftop terrace could be larger, but this wasn't at all a limiting factor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . And also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech