We cannot recommend this riad highly enough. Not only is it absolutely beautiful, you have an instant feeling of cool and calm when you walk through the door. You would never believe all the hustle and bustle going on a couple of alleyways away!
It's situated right by the palace, about 15 minutes walk away (if you don't get distracted by all the street vendors) from the main square and the souks.
The staff are really friendly and accommodating. When we arrived we felt like we were on honeymoon with all the petals strewn all over the room! We stayed in 3 rooms in total as we used it as a base while we traveled around a bit. Each has it's own identity and they all are equally beautiful, very clean and have powerful aircon which is much needed! We often had the roof terrace, including the sun-loungers and jacuzzi to ourselves which was great. You can happily have breakfast or supper up here too.
Breakfast was a great spread of things. Very traditionally Moroccan and fresh everyday.They also serve dinner which we had on a couple of nights. The food was great, some of the best we had whilst there and well priced too. Mustafa also makes a mean sangria which is unlimited.
Most importantly the staff dealt with an emergency very proficiently, and made a potentially stressful situation much easier to handle. My boyfriend had a bad accident whilst we were staying there (passed out and smashed his head up) the staff responded quickly and had good first aid skills. Karen called a good doctor to come and stitch his head up, which was much better than having to move him and go to the local medical center.
We cannot thank them all enough for a great stay and would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a relaxing base in Marrakech.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . And also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech