Riad La Porte Rouge was such a beautiful and welcoming place to stay. Everything about it exceeded expectations and felt like a second home. Our transfer was waiting for us upon arrival at the airport (albeit 2 hours delayed!) and we were greeted with a warming smile, incense, mint tea & pastries and a run down of things to do by the lovely Karen.
We were instantly at ease (after pulling up outside an alley way) all is safe in this area, whether day or night, and green taxis can be arranged by hotel staff if and when needed. This is advised as alternative taxis do not use a meter and make the most of hiking up the prices for tourists!
I was a little unaware of our distance from other sites but I actually preferred being out of the way as the busyness of Marrakech can be a tad overwhelming. All taxi rides took around 15mins to get to our locations which isn't too far anyway.
Under Adam and Karen's advice we opted for a day trip excursion to see the Atlas Mountains for 1600 durham. The sights were breathtaking and our driver Yasiin was a great host. Between 7 of us it made for a very reasonable trip.
Food and drink in the riad was lovely - we had our breakfast most mornings on the relaxing roof terrace (fresh orange juice, mint tea and a selection of pastries and jams); dinner in the homely dining/living room (chicken/beef/mince tagine, baked apple dessert); and cocktail hour from 6pm for 6 euro (margaritas, caphrina, and mojitos) were a sweet addition to our meals. All very reasonable in price and tasty.
The rooms were so beautiful, I shared the grey colour schemed room with a friend and it was just the right size. We each had a perfect sized closet, a huge open shower, and it was decorated with artefacts I now want to own! It felt very authentic and comfortable.
For fear of rambling on much longer, I will finish by saying I would most definitely stay here again and will be recommending Riad La Porte Rouge to anyone coming to Marrakech. The riad and the staff (Karen, Adam, Said, Mustafa, Yasiin, and the ladies whose name I didn't catch) made our stay even more worthwhile. Thank you :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . And also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech