I had an amazing time at the riad. I stayed in the twin room on the ground floor by myself but they pushed the beds together so i had a double bed to myself all the same. Granted it may get slightly noisy if other guests talk loudly outside in the courtyard but my stay was lovely nonetheless.
The breakfasts were very delicious with slight variations each day so I got to try different Moroccan breads and pastries every day with a selection of honey and jams. The juice is very fresh and cool and even coffee was great.
The decor of the riad is absolutely beautiful and they also burn very pleasant smelling Moroccan incense in the courtyard which provided to the traditional Moroccan ambience.
I felt extremely welcome and well taken care of by the riad staff, being a solo female traveller. They gave me great advice upon arrival about sights to see and where to go and Moroccan food, and had all the necessary transport arranged for me personally catered to my needs.
The riad would be very difficult to find for any first-time visitors so I strongly recommend having airport transfer booked beforehand with the riad- it's the best way to get there.
Special heartfelt thank you to Karen and Saeed and the rest of the riad staff for such a fantastic time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . And also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech