The staff at Riad Lat Porte Rouge were cordial and patient and treated us like warm guest. They organized some one to pick up us at the hotel. Served us breakfast late in the day ANYWHERE we chose. Helped us organize day trips. Provided clean and gorgeous rooms. You name it.That is the Moroccan way.
However, they went beyond that. They made us feel like they were our family there: the special care they showed us had so much honesty it was heartwarming. We spent new years eve with the staff and I feel like they were so genuine and proud of their city, i wish I could go back already!
About the Riad, It is a 15min walk from the main square, it is a smoggy road on the day time and peaceful in the night. Did i mention only 15Euro carriage ride from the square at night? talk about feeling like a king. For the city itself I would suggest travelers to embrace the fact that everyone is tipped and that you will get scammed. Calculate that into your budget and enjoy this magical beautiful place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . And also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech