I absolutely do not agree with lamstro2, the customer service was excellent. Karen (the manager) went beyond her job description and beyond our expectations to make sure all our needs were met, she was such a wonderful lady. We stayed for 2 nights in this beautiful Riad and after (because they we full), she called many places to find us a comparable Riad, which she did (although nothing compares to this place) and it was just across the road, she even helped us with booking excusions even though we weren't staying in the Riad anymore! Mohammed and Ghislaine were the nicest people and because we were so interested in learning how to prepare a tangine and all cooking courses were fully booked elsewhere, they took us to the markets and showed us what ingredients you need. We then cooked everything together in the Riad...it was the most amazing experience. I think larmstro2 must have been really rude to them, because I cannot believe these people would be anything but kind and helpful, it felt like I stepped into the house of a caring family.....and I haven't even mentioned how good the food there is and how beautiful the rooms are....I have not had a better breakfast or dinner anywhere in Marrakesh and for only a fraction of the price compared to the rest of the city. We made the mistake of only booking for 2 nights, just in case it would be disappointing, so please do not make the same mistake, this is the best Riad you'll ever find. The common areas are amazing, even the house cat Max, the staff cooks at any time of the day. One day when we came back at 10:30pm from a long journey the cook was still there and happy to cook us a most delicious meal, go for the pastille...it takes a while to prepare, but ow my god!! It was worth waiting for..waiting while relaxing in the beautiful spa on top of the roof!! So all I can say is: Book, book, book!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . And also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech