WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #76 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
New York
“Awful customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

I made the mistake of booking a room here for the end of December, through Orbitz. My reservation was confirmed, however, when I contacted the hotel to arrange for airport pickup, I was told that there were no more rooms. Under the terms of the agreement, the hotel is obligated to find me another room at a comparable hotel, however, Karen (the contact at Riad La Porte Rouge) informed me today that she knows of no other Riads, and that I should just try to book another place through Orbitz. She also informed me that I had added stress to her holiday by making her look for another hotel. I am so thoroughly disgusted with the lack of customer service--this, after all, was not my error--and while I am sure this is a lovely place to stay, providing all goes well, I just wanted to warn other travelers lest they end up as I did, stuck with no place to stay two days before I am scheduled to arrive in Marrakech. It would have been nice if Karen or someone else had tried to help, rather than just telling me, "Too bad, hope you find someplace else to stay," especially since they are legally obligated to do so.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank larmstro2
laporterouge, Manager at Riad La Porte Rouge, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Let's put things in their proper place. The day the reservation was made, Orbitz was immediately notified of my unavailability. They asked me to find another Riad, what I did but it does not suit you.
What I had to do was done.
It is you who have told me that I had stressed for Christmas and I told you that you have done the same.
I have a conscience professional, I work hard, madame, and only for the welfare and happiness of my clients.

I hope you are pleased to write this review .....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Staying at the La Porte Rouge made our holiday to Marrakech even more amazing.
A quite oasis after a day in the busy medina. Wonderful staff. Took very good care of us.
Wonderful rooms (all individually decorated). Sunny terrace with jaccuzi.

10-15 minute walk into the middle of the medina and the souks. Easy to find.
Will stay here again the next time I visit Marrakech.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Staying at the Riad Porte Rouge was the best art of our trip to Morrocco. It felt like a home from in a city that for us needed a nice escape but not a change in culture from the city we were in. The staff were very welcomming and helpfull. In short we loved it.

We ate in several places (including some expensive ones) on our trip and the food here rivalled anything else we ate anywhere. Definately worth eating in at least once. The entrance to the Riad Porte Rouge is down a very low ally which on first impression can be a little un-nerving when you don't know exactly where your going but is perfectly safe once you know its the right place. We recommend arranging with the hotel to be collected at taken straight there.

The Riad is sensible walking distance to the Souks although we prefered the slightly longer walk via the palace gardens.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I could not be happier with this property, everything was exquisite! We were made welcome, everything was comfortable and clean, and the price was fantastic. Only about a 15 minute walk to the souk. The food here was fantastic. Breakfast was eaten, and enjoyed, each morning. Dinner with couscous was divine and a culinary highlight.

Room Tip: We stayed on the main floor, don't be worried about privacy - you will have it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
South Berwick, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We loved our stay at this wonderful Riad. From the moment you arrive you feel relaxed and calm. The service was fantastic and the rooms were cozy and comfortable. The owner was able to help us arrange all our tour and transport needs making things even easier. The food was amazing (reserve the royal cuscous). You are about a 15 minute walk to the main square, but it is an experience to do it. Marrakech is wild, busy and loud, but you would never know staying here.

• Stayed October 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

This riad was the most beautiful place on earth. It was a haven we could retreat to when the busy streets of Marrakesh became too much. The staff were universally welcoming, very helpful and friendly. Some of the best food we had while in Marrakesh was dinner at the riad and hands down the best mint tea. We liked it so much we plan on coming back next year.

Room Tip: We stayed in Argana on the first floor which was beautifully decorated and spacious.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is the first time to visit Morocco, and this riad made my trip great. I appreciate the all service they made for us. Beautiful rooms and terrace, delicious dishes, super friendly staffs! If I can come back to Marrakesh, I will choose this riad.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends