“A Home in Marrakech”

and 1 more site!
Riad Kenzo
Ranked #262 of 1,193 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I just got back home from staying here and must, must highly recommend "Riad Kenzo". They are amazing!!!

They went above and beyond on all our inquiries and requests. Yes they charge each way, for airport shuttle service, but it was worth having the peace of mind of not getting lost looking for the alley where the Riad is located inside the maze that it is the Mèdina and upon our arrival, the caretaker was already waiting for us by the parking zone and escorted us.

Also, they offered making a Moroccan dinner upon our arrival, which was perfect because our flight arrived very late, and it was a delicious 3 course meal, by charge per person. Pricing is slightly above average dinning locally, but food was great and the convenience was well worth it. Believe me, we are foodies ;-)

They also accommodated 1hr massage upon request at whatever time was convenient! Yes, we got massages every day ;-) Fatima, the massage therapist, only speaks French, and is absolutely wonderful.

Now the owner/manager, Damien is simply "the man!". There wasn't one request he wasn't able to meet our needs. From having someone accompany us to find a boutique in the Souk or finding a trusting friend to take us personally to a trusted herbalist to buy Saffron. He made us feel like we were home and treated us as family. Even when our toddlers were being kids in a mostly adults only occupied lodging.

Now, the caretaker Mohamed is such an incredible soul. He is one of the most polite and humble person I've ever met. He always answered all questions, provided wonderful suggestions on navigating the Souk and finding our way back to the Riad. Even when at times his English was limited, he would find a way to help us.

Also, breakfast was exquisite and included with the room. Every morning everything was freshly made and served on the rooftop terrace over looking the Koutoubia Mosque. Yes, some of the sun bathing area needs some TLC; but aside from that this place is impeccably clean. All the staff is courteous and never made us feel unwelcome as "those tourist".

We felt like a million buck, plus every single dinning recommendation was spot on great. Especially under 5 minutes walk the restaurant Kui-Zin was the 2nd highlight of our stay.

So please consider this place, you won't be disappointed :-)

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank LaBva27

Reviewed June 4, 2014

OK...let me start off by saying wow.

I arrived and got a taxi through the hotel, they picked me up at the airport with a sign and when we stopped a gentlemen was waiting for us to walk us to the hotel...come on SCORE! This was need because, you are now in Morocco. When arriving to the hotel entrance I thought OMG I am going to die here :) Once you understand the way houses and things are built here you feel at awe. The interior ambiance felt as if I was in a Marakesh palace.

Mahumad is the best person I have met here. We also had a late dinner ready for us once we arrived, which was sooo good and great for the price. Muhamed did everything to make us feel at home and was very attentive. NOTE!!! Try to get a higher room just because it is not on the first floor...my pet peeves :) So many times I wanted to know how to get somewhere and they would explain and if too difficult and close by the would walk you to location.

Now let me talk about THE MAN...Damien. This guy knows everybody who needs to be known. If you want a massage, OMG he knows the best lady that comes over to the hotel and gives you a great massage in the top floor with air conditioner. We wanted Argan oil, spices, shoes he had the owner (his friend) to come over and pick us up to take us to his shops. Always bargain, you are in Morocco :P

He also knows the best places to eat that are very close by. Check out my Review of the (Kui Zon and Souk Cafe). I could not ask for more when staying here...the rooms are a bit smaller then you are used to but I got the FULL Moroccan experience. If you have to stay somewhere...this is the place also it is like 10 mins from the square and so easy to get there.

You don't know me but for the price and quality of service you get here will not be found anywhere else...how do I know this. I told Damien I am leaving for the airport at 5am...he said this without me saying anything more. "OK...I call taxi to pick you up at five and Muhamed will walk you to taxi. We will also make breakfast at 4am so you can eat". OMG...really...I am done.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor it is cooler and I just like being higher up :)
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank El-Tuti
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We've had a great time at riad Kenzo. This riad has a good location in the medina. Beautiful and clean rooms and very friendly people. The big roof terrace is great, you can relax in the sun. The breakfast was good as well, if you like you can enjoy it in the sun on the terrace..

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mireille_Meijs
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My five nights stay in this riad was absolutely fantastic! This was my first visit to Marrakech, and as a solo traveller, and it was daunting but the owner and the staff of the riad made sure I had a comfortable stay whilst in Marrakech. The location is great! It is situated amongst the many souks in the old city, walking distance to the Musee de Marrakech, Medersa Ben Youssef and a 10 minute walk to Jemaa El Fna.
The optional dinner on arrival is with extra charge but if you want you authentic home cooked Moroccan meal, it is a must. Delicious!!!!
The room I stayed in was beautiful and both the room and bathroom was extremely clean and well kept. The breakfast provided was also fantastic. They have accommodated to my needs, even waking up early to prepare breakfast for me at 6:30 in the morning.
I would not hesistate to come back to this riad on my next visit to Marrakech. Five stars in my opinion.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank John R
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I cannot wait to go back to the Riad Kenzo. We stayed for three nights in December. It was beautifully furnished and extremely clean. The owner and staff are very friendly and very accommodating. He allowed us to keep our luggage at the riad while we went on an over night trip to the Sahara and also allowed us to celebrate our friend's birthday. The riad itself is in the heart of the city and is perfect for exploring the souks and seeing the sites. The rooms are well equipped with a safe for passports, money etc. The bathrooms are very spacious and modern. The roof terrace offers stunning views over the old city and is lovely place to sit in the evening.

I would recommend this to all my friends, although it may not be ideal for parents with toddlers as there is a pool in the centre of the riad. It also offers excellent value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ilikejam
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Absolutely loved the riad! Everything was perfect about it. The staff were all lovely and really helpful, they helped set up my birthday party and even bought me a present which was really sweet! It's a perfect location for the souks and the jeema el fna square, definitely the highlights of the city. Breakfast was amazing and they were really relaxed about when we got up and ate and breakfast always came out straight away. The rooftop terrace was a great place to see the city skyline. Rooms were spotless and beautifully decorated, the only downside was no hairdryers in the rooms, which was a pain as we flew lowcost and only had hand luggage.. Other than that it was amazing! I would definitely reccomend the riad and marrakech

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor or roof as the ground floor didn't feel very private
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ems5_13
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Good location near place Laarus, within 10 minutes distance to the main Jema el Fnaa, close to Medresa Ben Yussef. The walk is interesting as is along the on Rue Mouassine, bordered by shops and sellers.

Excellent, quiet and classy interior, with beautiful rooms and spaces. Everything shows a very thorough attention for elegant and subtle details, rooms are each one different and nice, bathrooms arranged in classic old style. Needless to say all the house is VERY clean and well kept and gives a very consistent "HOMELY" feeling.

The personnel is really nice and very efficient, the excellent Abdel is always there when you need him for service, advices ... or a chat on various themes. I also met the owners of the place, really nice and welcoming people. The Lady of the house, madame Sonia, definitely arranged the whole Riad following her excellent tastes.

We were a group of 10 to stay there and we enjoyed every minute of it, including a very tasty and well cooked lunch with traditional food, served on the beautiful roof top terrace on a elegant and tastefully arranged table.

Would definitely recommend the Riad, I plan to return there at the next trip.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends