Me and my partner stayed in Eden Andalou mid September 2011 for 4 days on a Groupon voucher. Before I left to Morocco I was reading the reviews on this page and was really frightened after all the bad reviews about Eden Andalou.
I am not sure how so many people can't find it a great place because we did. The staff were so obliging- with booking us taxis VERY LAST MINUTE to go the Chez Ali Fantasia, with the shuttle service, with any questions we had. They were absolutely terrific - from the receptionists, to the pool guys, to the cleaning people, to the porters.
Okay, maybe the lady at the Spa Centre was a bit off-standish at first, but after a bit of patience and cautious treading she was really helpful too. I think more people who visit should be a little more understanding of I don't know, the culture or tradition maybe - the way they do things may just be different! And may need a different approach than what we'd take back home in the West.
The hotel was a bit far out I agree, but there is a FREE shuttle service running to and fro from the hotel. There is also a public bus that drives right past the hotel the whole day! I can't remember off the top of my head which it is but ask at reception. If you want a little adventure, I recommend taking the public bus into town and back. It's such a different experience - and only costs 4 Dhs each! (Also helpful if you miss a shuttle service, and if you want to get into town really early for whatever reason)
Also, we were a bit tucked away at the rear of the hotel, but so what! It's a 3 minute walk to get to the pool and the restaurant! And we got one card key for our room but just ask for another if it is so imperative that you need one.
Me and my partner feel we really got our money's worth and I think people should stop complaining about petty things and get on with it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring 3 outdoor swimming pools in the Andalusian-style gardens and a 1600 m² spa is this environmentally-friendly hotel. It is 4 km away from Marrakech airport and offers views of the Atlas Mountains. The 250 suites spread over six riads and surrounding beautiful flowered patios. Domes carved stucco, zellij, white marble and Bohemian crystal dominate the 2 lounges, Oriental and Andalusian. They are equipped with a flat-screen TV, minibar and a balcony with views of the garden or mountains feature in the air-conditioned. Each modern suite has a separate seating area and a marble bathroom, free safe and Wi-fi. A hotel downtown, Andalusian Esplanade faces the gardens and 2 pools the Majorelle 25m long heated in winter, white pool 35 meters long lined with its wooden deck Teck. Atlas summits are facing you. Many bars and restaurants surround the Esplanade: The Fez (Moroccan restaurant), the international Atlas restaurant, the Mimosa pool bar and the Jazz Bar open alternately. Adjoining Aquapark offering over 17 slides and attractions (open from 01/04 to 31/10). The hotel has beach volleyball, basketball, mini football and ping pong courses. You can purchase souvenirs from the on-site gift shop, and Wi-Fi access is available throughout the hotel, including rooms. At an extra charge, additional facilities include a hairdresser, a fitness centre with coach and baby sitting service. A Kids Club offers entertainment in summer. Free transfers are provided to/from Jamaa El Fna Square is 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Andalou Spa And Resort
- Eden Andalou Marrakech
- Eden Andalou Hotel Marrakech