Riad Elizabeth
$1,058
$1,020
All reviewsevery morningday triptaxisriadmedinaarabic
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We arrived late in the evening and John, one of the owners had already placed a reservation for us at a local restaurant (he did this because he knew most places book out). This style of hosting continued throughout our trip, anticipating our needs, but without any pressure, I felt like I could have easily gone to another restaurant that night but trusted John and the place was really good.
John and Elizabeth who run the place treat you like friends staying for the weekend. John personally showed us the way to the main square and made sure we understood our way around the maze of the medina and the souks.
The Riad was elegant and spacious and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 24, 2009

Marrakesh is an amazing city - the sights, sounds and experience is unlike anywhere else we have been. Our trip there was made perfect by our stay at the Riad Elizabeth - the Riad is beautiful with stunning rooms and a fantastic location, John and Elizabeth are wonderful hosts who go the extra mile to make sure their guests are looked after and get the best out of their time in Marrakesh. From guiding us through the souks (and providing a map so we could find our way back again!) to booking restaurants and an amazing 'hammam', nothing was too much trouble. We can't speak highly enough of our experience. :-)

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2009

We had a fabulous time in Marrakech and enjoyed our stay at Riad Elizabeth, however, there were a few niggly issues that need ironing out.
Firstly the positives - communications for booking and arranging transfers etc couldn't have been been better, the riad is beautifully restored and is tastefully decorated, it's in a good location for the souks and is easy to find (once you've been shown the route!), the owners were very friendly and helpful in booking tables and a spa for us and in terms of value for money it's great.
However, I agree with the previous reviewer that the towels have seen better days and the rug in our room could have done with a good hoover. My bed was also very saggy indeed and most uncomfortable. I also mentioned to the manager a couple of times that the bedside light wasn't working and this wasn't resolved. Our room was pretty noisy as you could hear the tables and chairs on the roof terrace being moved around and every conversation taking place inside the riad - but to be fair, I think that's probably something that you'd find in every riad.
We ate in the riad twice and were served the same meal each time - delicious, but a bit of variety would have been good. The honesty bar was a good idea, but it would have been nice to know the price of what you were taking.
All in all, I would recommend Riad Elizabeth - but I hope they sort out the little issues.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2009

From the moment we arrived slightly shell shocked in Marrakech John and Elizabeth made us feel very very welcome. Nothing was too much trouble for them from the tour to the central square or booking a hamam for us. There were only one slight problem, the light in the bathroom was a bit tempramental, so a visit to the toilet in the middle of the light by candle light was a bit exciting. Other than that a great place and I will be recommending it to my friends. Thank you :-)

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2009

At the risk of sounding boring, after all the wonderful reviews we have read of Riad Elizabeth, this place is truly wonderful. The owners are exceptionally kind and helpful...even answering my (many) questions prior to the visit, and sorting out all our trip and restaurant requests.
The Riad is gorgeous, and John and Elizabeth do their very best to make sure you feel looked after. No request was too much trouble. The other guests were all really friendly too, and and spanned all age groups.
I cannot recommend Riad Elizabeth too highly. We will definitely be staying again if we return to Marrakech, and I have already been advising all my friends and colleagues to visit.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple