Riad Elizabeth
$300
$171
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $195/night.

Riad Karmela(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$90
$72
Riad Kniza(Marrakech)
$257
$161
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $215/night.

Riad 72(Marrakech)
$1,056
$1,016
All reviewsevery morningday triptaxisriadmedinaarabic
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is a wonderful, small riad in the medina in Marrakech. John & Elizabeth are fantastic hosts who genuinely want to ensure you have a perfect stay and a memorable trip to Marrakech. Samira is exceedingly helpful. She assisted in negotiating our parking rate, made several recommendations about what to do and to see, and helped us try to figure out how to use our US mobile phones in country. Even Yousef, the night guard, is helpful and accommodating.

The riad itself is located just a 5-10 minute walk from the Medersa and the Marrakech Museum. And then it's just a few steps further to the souks. John and Elizabeth volunteered to help us learn our way though the souk to the market, but we ventured out on our own and figured it out. It's a 20 minute walk to the Jemaa el-Fna market if you can navigate the quick route through the souk.

My biggest recommendation is to have dinner at the riad. John & Elizabeth offered this to us prior to our arrival. After 17 days in Morrocco, the dinner we had here was the best meal we had during the trip. Had we scheduled more time in Marrakech, I would have taken a cooking class with their chef. She served a variety of appetizers. Dinner was a fabulous Chicken Tagine and desert was an apple tart. We shared our meal with our friends and two other couples who were staying at the Riad as well.

The hospitality is warm. The decor is nice. The rooftop is lovely. And breakfast is delicious. The rooms are quiet and clean. It's an experience you'll enjoy!

I highly recommend Riad Elizabeth.

Room Tip: I saw three of the rooms and I don't think you can go wrong. All were very nice. There are 5 rooms on the 2nd floor. The less expensive room is on the main level, but is spacious and nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank PhotoTvlr0228
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Beautifully decorated Riad with a lush roof terrace to catch some afternoon sun after a busy day touring the City. The service was absolutely spot on and all staff couldn't do enough for you. The food was delicious and Samira's recommendations on where to dine out were fantastic too. John & Elizabeth were wonderful as well - I would definitely choose to stay at Riad Elizabeth again on my next trip to Marrakesh.

Room Tip: First floor rooms might be better as children like to play in the street to the front of the Riad at night. Alessia room was very good indeed.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Very convenient location, stylish comfortable interiors, owned by a really genuine, lovely couple, backed up by a fab staff. Best tagine we had in Marrakech too.Elizabeth even took the trouble to give us an escorted tour around the Souk. Can't recommend them highly enough- would happily stay again-and again if given a hint of a chance!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013

First rate riad, first rate service. There's not a great deal more I can add to the previous reviews , it really is a good as they say. There were 3 of us staying in two rooms, Louise and Olivia. One was one of the cheaper rooms, the other the most expensive. No matter - I would have been happy with any, they are all beautifully decorated and stylish. John and Elizabeth are fantastic hosts. They really want to you to get the most out of your stay in Marrakech. My husband went to the Bains de Marrakech and raved about it. We had a tour of the medina on our first day, to try and familiarise ourselves with the maze that is Marrakech medina. Having said that we got totally lost the next evening! Elizabeth kindly took us out again the next morning and calmed our fears, we never got lost again. Samira was an excellent manager and organised all our restaurant bookings. I can particularly recommend le fondouk, la salama and le cafe de la grande poste. She also recommended and evening at the lotus club, which was great. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Marrakech and will definitely stay there again when we return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank judithcharmers
Reviewed November 5, 2013

his is my first ever review on Trip Advisor, but I was so impressed by the Riad Elizabeth, that I felt compelled to review my experience.
I was lucky enough to be recommended the Riad by a friend of mine who had stayed a year previous. I booked a four day trip as a surprise birthday present for my partner. From the moment I booked, the owners and staff at the Riad Elizabeth staff were on the end of an email and ready to help. They were able to recommend restaurants and trips and were kind enough to organise many of them on my behalf. A lovely meal was prepared for us on arrival and our traditional Moroccan breakfast each morning was yummy.

My partner and I were lucky enough to meet the owners, both of which were positively charming. John made a real effort each morning to speak to each of his guests, find out about their experience and be on hand to offer them advice. But I can't finish this review without mentioning the Riad Elizabeth's fantastic manager: Samira (hopefully I have spelt that right). She was an absolute star throughout our stay, going out of her way to ensure our transfers, taxis, trips, meals and anything else was booked for us. She offered to show us around the Medina to ensure we felt comfortable navigating the complex streets and was just generally a lovely friendly presence during our stay.

Couple of tips for fellow travellers: definitely take a trip to Le Bains de Marrakech Spa, it was the highlight of our trip. The medina is complex to navigate so an English speaking tour guide would be useful. When coming home at night (or for that matter in the day), don’t ask the locals for directions unless you want to pay for it. You may think they are just being helpful, but they expect to get paid.

As a girl, I was worried about unwanted male attention and also what to wear. There was really nothing to be worried about. There were female tourists dressed in a variety of outfits (some of which I wouldn’t have considered to be appropriate for Morocco) but the locals didn’t seem to mind.

I was dubious about such universally positive reviews, but I can honestly say that the service we received in the Riad Elizabeth was better than the 5 star hotels we have stayed in. We will definitely be back to stay in the near future. Thanks to all the staff for making our stay so special.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple