“Great place with wonderful service”
Review of Riad Elizabeth

Riad Elizabeth
Ranked #192 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stay in Riad for 5 days and it was really wonderful experience. The evening food was the best we ate during our holiday. Dagmara is so helpful and organised for us everything we needed. The riaditself is very clean with beautiful roof area and the rooms are nicely decorated. We definitely recommend this place.

There are newer reviews for Riad Elizabeth

Reviewed September 30, 2012

From the moment we arrived in Marrakesh, weary from a couple of days trekking, the staff and manager at Elizabeth ensured our stay was magnificent. Our taxi got lost in the medina and Dagmara, the manager, went out of her way to come and find us; just one example of the attention to detail and perfect, although unobtrusive customer service. We ate at the Riad and which was excellent and in a beautifully restored building. If only accomodation experiences were like this in the UK. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stuart M
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Had it been my intention in early 2012 as a single female to sojourn in Marrakech...No
Had it been my intention to travel and holiday alone ...No
So why did i ?
I did so having had my imagination captivated by an evocative posting on Riad Elizabeth's Facebook which outlined a weeks organised itinerary intent on showcasing both Morocco and the Gnawa World Music Festival which I have since discovered is held in the south of Morocco in the port of Essaouira to be precise every June
When reading the itinerary posted by the lovely Dagmara (John and Elizabeths chosen manager for Riad Elizabeth) I realised Dagmara who was then no more than an exotically named unknown person was essentially sharing her own personal love for Morocco, for the music festival, and for her relatively new position (at that time) of managing Riad Elizabeth
As a result I uncharacteristically booked the tour inclusive of a stay at Riad Elizabeth and thereafter the 2 flights necessary for me to jorney from Scotland to Marrackech
Such was the frenetic pase of activity I had barely time to absorb (until I was on the first plane out of Scotland) that it was now fact that I was indeed about to journey and to arrive in Marrakech alone
How glad I was to have stepped out of character on this particular occasion and to have entrusted myself to be led by my imagination and by Dagmaras genuine and heartfelt enthusiasm which accompanied me into the sweltering sun and the unknown
For I was richly rewarded for doing so with all manner of experiences all of which were wonderful
Barely did I notice during my weeks stay that I was alone such was the degree and extent of the hospitality and warmth that i encountered not only within Riad Elizabeth but also beyond Riad Elizabeths walls and further yet beyond the medieval walls of Marrakech itself
For a truly beautiful, heart warming,genuine,uplifting and joyful experience I hope that Dagmara will continue to inspire others (whether familiar with Morocco or not whether travelling solo or not whether you have stayed at Riad Elizabeth before or not) to experience the warm heart of Morocco that in June each year beats wildly to North African drums
I can add no more praise to that which has already been bestowed upon Riad Elizabeth and upon all of the lovely people within Riad Elizabeth who give of their best so that the visitor 'solo' or otherwise enters into a Moroccan delight
My lateness in my own posting here derives only from the fact that my own heart still beats wildly for Morocco......be still my beating heart so that I can write !
I had such a fantastic time due to the efforts of others that I feel I am entitled to just a little poetic licence here..hah ha
Viva Morocco it is a land that is blessed and will bless you in return

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My partner and I recently stayed here for 3 nights. Riad Elizabeth is perfectly located amongst the Medina's charming chaos, and only a 10 minute walk from Djemaa el fna. Airport transfers and dinner were arranged in advance, and we arrived to a warm greeting of Mint tea and a room upgrade from the Riad manager, Dagmara. Perfect start to a great few days. The decor is modern, a little bit gothic, and whole heartedly Morrocan! The roof terrace is amazing, almost too good to want to venture out at all.
Elizabeth, John and Dagmara were extremely friendly and helpful and Dagmara especially had great tips on navigating the souks and mastering the barter!! The hospitality is fantastic, and all of the staff here went above and beyond to ensure we were happy! Riad Elizabeth is a gem amongst the medina's dusty streets. We had a great experience and will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed in this lovely riad with my sister, we were given a room upgrade, which was lovely and spacious. The riad is comfortably furnished and very centrally located for the souks and square, an approximate 10 minute walk. Before our visit Elizabeth and John answered my numerous requests and questions via email and were so helpful along with their staff in organising various excursions I wanted to do, so as to maximise my time in Marrakech. Arranged to have dinner on our first night at the riad and it was one of the best I have had on any holiday. The food was plentiful and so tasty and would definitely recommend having at least one meal cooked by their fantastic cook Bahija. Breakfasts were different every day, usually comprising fresh fruit salad, pancakes and bread with preserves. Has a lovely roof terrace, where we had breakfast each day and pool which although I did not use, is definitely an advantage during the intense August heat. I would highly recommend staying here to anyone wishing to stay in a centrally located riad and who wishes to see the real Marrakech.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

If you are going to Marrakech this is without a doubt the place you want to stay at. Staff offer priceless hospitality, help and knowledge of the city and it's people and nothing is too much trouble. Beautifully clean and comfortable designer rooms combined with a great roof terrace and little pool make Riad Elizabeth a haven amongst the bustling city.
Help and advice with planning excursions, travelling, restaurant bookings, recommendations and airport transfers are readily available and make your trip much easier and much more memorable.
It is, however, the staff that make this hotel unforgettable. We would have been literally lost without them! We even had an authentic Moroccan cooking lesson which included being taken to the food markets (largely unseen by tourists) and shown how to prepare in true morrocan style.
Will never forget this trip, you have to stay here. 5 stars!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a 4 night break in Marrakech. We were going to stay at the Sofitel hotel but decided to stay a more traditional Riad. We were so pleased that we made this decision as the Riad is beautiful and the staff are so helpful and friendly. They provided so much useful information and even arranged a trip to the Atlas mountains. I would recommend the Riad to anyone. I am sure that you would not have got the same service in a 5 star hotel.