“Riad Sacr is awesome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad SACR

You added Riad SACR to your Saves list
Riad SACR
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   120 Derb Essnane Mouassine, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #404 of 1,149 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Zurich, Switzerland
“Riad Sacr is awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed five nights at Riad Sacr and spent a wonderful time in Marrakesch. The Riad is very centrally located in the Medina. From there its just five minutes to the Souq and the big square. Contrary to other Riads this one is still in moroccan hands. Khannsa, who is running the Riad with her family is very helpful and open-minded. She can give you any advice and knows almost every shop owner in the Souq... The breakfast on the roof terrasse is delicious and the rooms are warmly decorated and very clean. The riad is air conditioned and very quiet. We can recommend everyone to stay at Riad Sacr.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice; every room has a different colour.We stayed in the blue room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HenryBoth

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We had a very nice time in Marrakech. The riad was just five minutes away from the jamaa el fna and the souks. Kenza, the owner was very nice to us and gave us a lot of informations.

Our room was big (the blue one) and the bed was very comfortable. The only "bad" thing was, that we sometimes had only cold water for showering, but we didn't care much about this.

You can get your breakfast whenever you want, it was very good. By the way, a second jam would be good.

• Stayed April 2012
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Travelling to Marrocco alone the biggest decision in advance was where to stay. Here on trip advisor I got a really good feeling about this little riad, where all the rooms have their color. One hour after ordering I got an email welcoming me, informing med that I would be picked up at the airport. That service was just an indication to the helpfulness and warmth that awaited me in Raid Sacr. The wonderful hostess, Kenza, made me feel welcome and at home the time I spent in Marrakesh. As a really good friend she guided me around Marrakesh, showed me the important sights, helped me with the shopping and gave me the keys to understand the colorful chaos of the souks. She also organized everything connected to my travel plans to Zagora and Essaoeira, which saved me a lot of hussle. The riad is beautifully decorated, to the tiniest corner. The rooftop is a lovely place to have breakfast, to read a book and just chill. My room was upgraded without any extra cost, and both Kenza and Hassna did everything possible to make my stay as good as possible. On my last day I had massage in the sparoom, and I left Riad Sacr relaxed and happy, eager to come back.

All in all I found it easy to travel a as a single woman in Marrocco. People are generous, hospitable and helpful. Even so, my experience in Marrocoo would have been less had I not stayed in Riad Sacr. Thank you Kenza! Merci beaucoup, Hassna! I’ll be back -Stine

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank StineWT
Rawdon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

This was my first visit in Morocco and I couldn't have found a better place to stay than the Riad Sacr. Everything was perfect and above all my expectations. I stayed there 8 days and was very pleased with my room and the location of the riad, which is close to the medina.

Kenza, the owner is absolutely wonderful!! I appreciated her helpful advices and her attentions. But more than that, her kindness and generosity made my stay an unforgettable one! It was like staying at a dear friend. Also, thanks to Didier and Ahmed for great conversations, and to Assna for being so dedicated and her great breakfasts! I miss you all and look forward my next visit!! Carole

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank DharmaHeart
Bayern
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Dear Kensa,
we were very pleased to stay in your riad! Thank you very much for your hospitality and giving us such a familial feeling. It was really amazing to be on another continent and feel so comfortable.
We had great breakfast and mint-tea all the time we wanted. Our room was very beautiful and authentic with many gimmicks and small details. The riad itself is like out of a dream of "1001 night" with an amazing terrace on the rooftop.
We hope to see you again, and also greetings to your husband Didier!
Thank you for everthying!

Lena & Manuel from Germany

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Manuel B
Milan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

If you are looking for a place to feel at home, this is it...
Kenza, the owner is the key. She is always ready to help and her advices are really helpful to escape tourists' traps. Her husband even took us to the local hamam (not the touristic health and beauty center you can find in any european city) for massages.
Dinner at the riad was great, the only thing is: you have to get your own wine...Kenza will tell you where you can get it, otherwise you can go Maroccan and drink mint tea.
Rooms and the riad are nice and the terrace is a great place to chill out from the long walks in the market's labyrinth.
At first it is a bit difficult to find, but the location is perfect as it is close to everything you need in Marrakech.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

Stayed here mid June for 2 nights and just have to say this like many other so called Riads in Morocco are not 'real' Riads. Just people's homes where they rent some rooms. That said it is difficult to find this place at first, there are no signs whatsoever directing you to it. Locals will jump at the chance to show you where it is under the guise of assistance, but they will always want money in the end. As is with all things in Morocco!
Our room smelled, and this smell would not go away. We mentioned this after the first night and asked to be moved to another room only to be told that it was supposedly full. The very nice girl who runs the place said she couldn't smell anything, but it definitely stunk in our room, and this would keep waking me up in the night. She put incense in the room for us which helped but once it had burnt out, it would stink again. The shower kept flooding. They unblocked it, it still flooded.
The people running the place are nice enough, breakfast is fine but the good thing is Kenza who runs the place gives you the good low down on what to do and not worth doing, where's good to eat and the real cost of taxi's etc. Definitely eat at the food stall she recommends, namely stall 14 at the night markets. All the Moroccans eat there, it's cheap, food is good and usually you have to wait to sit but it's well worth it.
Only thing about Marrakesh and Morocco generally is the constant hassle to look at Spice shops, rug places and other crap you won't likely want. And everyone always has there hand out for money all the time. Does get annoying!
If you stay here ask for one of the upstairs rooms, they are better. Ground floor there are two rooms and ours was one of these ones which was not the go.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple