“Nice for dinner but not lunch”
Review of Bagatelle

Bagatelle
Ranked #66 of 905 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: French, Moroccan
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2014

the evening with friends is a bit romantique depends who are invited sometime it s not when a table get drunk. for staff it was just okey. should speak at least french as it is a french restaurant.
taking a coffee there is not cheap at all

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The 2nd time we've eaten here - a close walk to our Hotel, great food and such good value. Love this restaurant and will be coming back on each visit!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

What a disappointment. Staters were okayish, pate, soup and salad with chicken livers and lardons (except no lardons and tired, brown edged lettuce). My husband had the set lunch with a main of calves liver which was reasonably well cooked. My daughter had the chicken kebabs which had at least a third of the cubes of 'chicken' being cubes of fat. I had the escalope which was was a very thin, stringy, overdone and tough piece of ????? (not sure what the meat was) ouzing with fat.The vegetables were stacks of overdone root vegetables that none of us could eat. The manager did agree to change my meal, explaining that the grease was due to frying and if I wanted tender meat then I would need to choose one of their steaks! I opted for a salad which was fine - no cooking involved.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I enjoyed my dinner at this atmospheric brasserie-styled restaurant . The Bagatelle is conveniently situated between train station and the 16th November plaza. It features a beautiful terrace with lots of green and a very pleasant interior, decorated with framed black and white photos.
When checking the menu I was a bit disappointed at first - I had expected Moroccan food, the Bagatelle serves basically French food with a nod to the local cuisine. The food turned out rather well though. My friend ordered a tajine of lamb and dried plumbs and enjoyed it. I had liver - very tender but it could have stayed in the pan for an additional 30 seconds. This, a large bottle of water, a bottle of wine and the bread and lentils ran us roughly 40 Eur. Remember: Marrakesh is not cheap!
The service was excellent. Patrons were mostly French (some expats), some guests looked Moroccan. The restaurant does not have an overly touristic ambiance and that's good.
I would recommend the Bagatelle to people looking for a romantic French restaurant with an upscale feel.
If it's typical Moroccan cuisine that you're after, look elsewhere.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We really enjoyed this restaurant and went twice! three generations of the same family have run this place and their family recipes are really delivious. We dined both inside and out, lunch and dinner and were thoroughly pleased with both experiences. The menu is a nice mix of Moroccan and French. It seems more like a local/expat place, which was also nice, knowing that we would not be encountering hordes of tourists! They were very friendly with our toddlers as well.

1  Thank JJoannides