“Beautiful riad”

Riad Dixneuf La Ksour
Ranked #19 of 1,167 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 9, 2014

A beautiful and stylish riad to escape the hustle of the medina and souks. Rooms are light and airy. Staff were very friendly and incredibly helpful. Location was great, really central but you couldn't hear any noise. Had such an enjoyable and relaxing stay here. Wifi was available and didn't have problems with connections. Had breakfast on the roof terrace which was lovely. Location of riad was fab too.

Room Tip: Stayed in the twin room, was lovely and as the bathroom was split level meant that it was very big.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Wonderful stylish Riad in the middle of the Medina. 10 min walk to the main square Jemaa-el-Fna.

We were met at the airport which made the transfer very smooth (worth the small extra cost charged by the Riad).

The Riad itself is cool and quiet and the mint tea we were served on our arrival was lovely. Our room was trendy and spacious with more than a 'nod' to traditional Moroccan décor.

We ate at the Riad the first night and the food was fab! Just us in a little lounge with a roaring fire, bottle of wine and a lovely 3 course traditional meal. Perfect escape from our hurly-burly life in January in the UK!

Breakfast was simple but oh so nice. Slightly different every day with pancakes, fruit, home made yogurts, breads, juices, smoothies, coffee. I had hoped we would be taking breakfast on the roof terrace but the persistent rain made this impossible (unusual to be so bad apparently).

We were in Marrakesh for three days and spent our time wandering round the Souks (not scary if you 'brave it' out and are polite but firm, and have a laugh with the locals at their gentle persistence!). We also went to Les Bains des Marrakesh for a traditional Hamman which was fab.

We ate at El Marrakechi the second night - lovely food and good entertainment but on our third night we decided to eat again at our fab Riad as the standard of the food for the price we paid couldn't really be matched in the town. Once more just us (this time in the tiny library of the Riad) - superb food again and served by the lovely Anouar.

Riad Dixneuf is a lovely place to stay - the rooms and the food are excellent. However, for us, the real shining star of this Riad is Anouar. His welcoming smile whenever he saw us was so lovely. He couldn't do enough for us. So professional and yet very friendly, eager to please. Nothing was too much trouble. The first night when we weren't sure what was in the soup, he went to the kitchen to get the raw ingredients to show us. He was just super.

All the other staff were unfailingly polite and cheerful too. Btissam and Mustapha were helpful and pleased to advise about all aspects of our Marrakesh stay, and our lovely cook (whose name I am not sure of) should definitely have a round of applause for cooking to such a standard that I wanted to stay at the Riad (not normally given to eating in-house at all!).

I must just also mention Madeline who is currently managing the Riad. A very nice English, French speaking lady who again is anxious to help and recommend activities/bars/restaurants/etc. Her recommendation to go to the Kosybar after Les Bains des Marrakesh was inspired. To see the sun setting over the Royal Palace was most definitely a highlight for us.

All in all just fab, and my husband talked about returning so it must have been good :-)

Room Tip: There are all good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joysybabe
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 5 night stay at the fantastic Dix Neuf La Ksour. What a great experience from start to finish. Dix Neuf was beautifully decorated & was the perfect spot to explore Marrakech. The riad was lovely & quiet despite being only a few minutes walk from all the action in the medina. The staff were very efficient, helpful & friendly. The breakfast was great - fresh with lots of variety. We had dinner at the riad on our first night which comprised of beautifully cooked traditional Moroccan cuisine. We did a trip to the Ourieka valley which is a must. We had dinner at Le Comptior Darna which was great fun & we also had some treatments at Heritage Spa which I'd highly recommend. The riad sorted out all of our restaurant / excursion bookings & airport transfers so there was nothing to worry about. Thanks to Madeline, Mustafa and the rest of the team for helping to make our first visit to Marrakech so enjoyable!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LJE1979
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here 27th - 30th December. Beautiful place, top notch food, service and location. The meal we had on our first night - in a private dining room, in front of an open fire, was to die for and at €50 for 2, a total steal. We will definitely be back. If I was to be REALLY picky I would say that there isn't always unlimited hot water (enough for a quick shower) and you can't get a cappuccino but these are tiny things and looking outside the riad it is amazing anything works!! Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Marrakech and are going back in October with a group of friends. The place is IMMACULATE, so clean and the staff bend over backwards to provide everything you need - spa / restaurant reservations etc. Loved it!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pigmansmum
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Staying at this riad was something of a treat for us, and we were not disappointed. With just six rooms, several shared lounges and a delightful terrace, it offers peace and quiet away from the busy medina. Our room was very comfortably furnished and had a huge bathroom. Breakfast was delicious and served on the terrace. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and we felt very much at home.

Room Tip: All rooms open onto the central courtyard.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a 5 night break in Marrakech. This was my first visit and we could not have chosen a better place to stay. What makes Dixneuf la Ksour stand out is twofold - the stunning design of the property (we stayed in the Sabah superior room) and the uber-efficient manager Eva and her team. I arrived late at night on my own as my partner had to wait at the airport for his missing luggage. This was no problem at all as I was met at the entrance to medina (Bab Ksour) by night porter Anouar and taken to the riad. He likewise met my partner when his luggage had finally arrived on a later flight.
The design of the riad and our room is simple yet sophisticated. The standout feature for me was the bathroom in the Sabah room - a rhapsody in black marble reached by going downstairs withint the room. The domestic staff were always smiling and could not do enough for us - knowing also when to leave us alone. We enjoyed breakfast (which varied every day) on the riad's roof terrace with fantastic views over the medina and to the Atlas mountains. One particular highlight was taking the cookery class one evening with the chef Atika. She and Mustafa who assisted us, made sure that we got the most out of the experience and then served us the food we had helped to prepare in one of the lounges in front of a blazing log fire.
In short, we will be recommending the riad to as many of our friends who will listen - we are sure they (and readers of Trip Advisor) will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Sabah superior room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have stayed in Dixneuf La Ksour for five days on a business trip... Been to Marrakesh before, but this time wanted to stay not in the Hivernage area but in the "real city". Dixneuf La Ksour was the perfect choice... Eva, the manager, well, more the house holder was so warm and helped with all of my small issues like arranging a taxi to take me to the fair I had to attend and take me back every evening, take me to business dinners and then back to the hotel. Drivers were kind, helpful -took me to the hotel door at nights even though ithat street is not open to vehicles normally - so I felt very safe as I was travelling alone. Dixneuf la Ksour is a very small property, so if you require the crown and dynamism of a hotel lobby, you wont find it. But you will feel at home, with very nice people around you, all eager to please and assist you in your needs. Inner courtyard is marvellous, take time to enjoy it.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Leon room, very spacious for one oerson or a couple. Wardrobes a bit small and there...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business