“If you have other choices, I'd recommend going for other riad”
Review of Riad Anya

Riad Anya
Ranked #80 of 1,160 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I stayed for two nights at Riad Anya, Marrakech, which was chosen by my travel agent, and prior to this, I had stayed in two other riads: in Meknes and Fes. Even though the reception was efficient and friendly, when I entered the property, I didn't have the warm welcoming feeling, and the moment I entered the room, it was so 'standard' (as I travelled by myself, I didn't mind as I didn't intend to stay in the riad during my stay at Marrakech, but I'd have felt guilty if I have someone else traveling with me - in justifying why I picked this place). The nice thing was that I got the room on the ground floor which has a connecting terrace next to the Restaurant. Before I left, I had looked at their rooftop terrace and found it quite interesting - perhaps when the weather is less cold.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Riad Anya

Reviewed December 28, 2011

On a business trip to Marrakech, this riad was selected for me by our travel facilitator. We had difficulty finding it (down a narrow, dead end street and then two winding alleys later......).

The rooms are just okay - nothing memorable - located as they usually are in riads around a central courtyard. Breakfast was spartan and service was slow. Check out was convoluted and they had to recalculate my bill three times.

No phone or TV (thank goodness) in the room, which made communication with my business colleague problematical.

Room Tip: Can't help you there!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed at Riad Anya evenings Friday 8 July through until Thursday 14 July, 2011. Myself, my husband and 22 year old daughter were travelling from Australia. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful to us and made us feel so welcome and at home. Jamila was helpful in helping me organise a couple of day trips and made helped me feel confident travelling in Morocco. Khalil, of Riad Anya is a true gentleman, so polite and respectful and so willing to serve us and be of assistance.

The accommodation is very comfortable and it was good to come back to the Riad after negotiating the streets of Marrakesh. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2011

The riad was wonderful- I have nothing bad to say about the hotel itself. The only drawback is the location. Although the hotel is very centrally located (only about 10 minute walk to the Jemma el Fna square) and right next to a palace with guards, it's down some back roads that were quite hard to find and not very welcoming. It's all fine if you are in a group but I would certainly warn female travellers to re-think coming here alone. It's a bit dodgy at night and there are always a few groups of Moroccan men hanging around. Shame because the hotel was so lovely...

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed November 21, 2010

We staid at the Riad Anya for 4 nights. The place itself is beautiful, as you see in the photos and better. Everything is clean, some of the showers are a bit "weak" , but overall no major problems. People are friendly and the service is very attentive. So, as you step trough the door, you are in the best possible place you can think of. And we come to the snag, what is OUTSIDE of the door. Although it is a short walk from the souk and the main square, which is great, you have to face situations where western women travelling alone may not feel too comfortable. We were there just before and during Eid. If you like to see sheeps and muttons being slaughtered, their heads severed and burnt, pretty much in the streets where you are pulling your carry on, well...
We suspect that elsewhere in the medina, with a few more tourists and a few more women, things may be easier. Do not be deterred if you travel in a larger group, or with men, or outside of Eid week. We probably picked the wrong combination - and all the aspects that concern the riad itself are just fine!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2010

As our first time to Morocco, Riad Anya was a great place to stay, due to the charming building that is the riad and the friendly and helpful staff. Jameela, the lady at the reception, had great tips for places to eat, both the trendy and local spots; Youssef, the care taker, was very friendly, smiling and ready to help out with anything; and the ladies in the kitchen greeted us like family every morning.
As a middle range riad within the walls of the old Marrakech, it was a bit pricey for down season of August. But the amenities and charm of the place made it worth it. Plenty of little coves to sit in the shade during the hot hours of the day, a nice dipping pool, tea any time of the day, and so on. We really did feel at home.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We spent a long weekend last April with my familly in Marrakesh at Ryad Anya. The place is quiet and beautiful and very well located. People there are very welcoming and pleasant. They were always available to help us plan our visits and very helpful. Special thanks to Youssef and Jamina who got up very early to prepare our breakfast when we had to leave the hotel to go to the Atlas.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family