“Bit on the expensive side” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Riad Monceau

Restaurant Riad Monceau
Ranked #190 of 848 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Utrecht
“Bit on the expensive side”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Very nice looking, but not more that dozens of others and by far the most expensive dinner we've had in all of Morocoo without quite understanding why. Good, but again no better than many, many others most of which were half the price or less.

Visited December 2012
RM-management, Propriétaire at Restaurant Riad Monceau, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Your feedback is very important to us and other travelers so I would like to thank you very much for your comment.
I understand you had the feeling that restaurant Riad Monceau was overpriced so I think it can be useful to add that the cost of our tasting menu is 32 € per person which makes restaurant Riad Monceau one of the cheapest Moroccan gourmet restaurant in town (the average price being over 70 € per person in places of same category as Riad Monceau like Dar Yacout or El Tobsil to mention only 2 of them).
Of course one can find very cheap restaurants in Marrakech and even street food that is generaly delicious and really cheap but... you'll probably agree it doesn't really make sense to compare what is not comparable, in Marrakech as in any other city of the world.
I hope this will help.
Thanks to Tripadvisor to allow the management response.
Sincerely yours.
Isabelle AUBRY
Owner of restaurant Riad Monceau

• Hebrew first
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Share with a friend. A very, very, very good friend.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Monceau is beautiful.
Marrakech is full of amazing Riads. You have to walk down a really dingy, dark, little alleyway and at the end there is a palace! If you haven't been before it'll amaze you every time.
The food is priced at an almost European level, which it has to be said makes it one of the more expensive restaurants. However, excellent food, excellent service, a beautiful Riad and the Stars for a ceiling from the roof terrace............ are you really going to moan about the price??? Not me.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guests,
The opinions of our clients are very useful to us and other travelers so please let me thank you for taking the time to write this very nice review. I understand you have enjoyed this time spent with us and this makes me sincerely happy.
I hope we have the pleasure and opportunity to welcome you again if you happen to come back to Marrakech.
Thank you to Tripavdisor to allow this management response.
Isabelle Aubry
Owner of Riad Monceau boutique hotel, gourmet restaurant and cooking school
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Restaurant in Marrakech, no doubt you will love it !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

The service, the food, the location it was all perfect, not to mention the surroundings offered by this beautiful place that are just amazing!!
The food was the best Moroccan food you could imagine! Discovery tasting menu a pure delight! Smart restaurant with a casual dress code.
Would considerer staying at the hotel on a next trip.

• Visited November 2012
Dear Guests,
Thank you to Tripavdisor to allow this management response.
Isabelle Aubry
Owner of Riad Monceau boutique hotel, gourmet restaurant and cooking school
London, United Kingdom
“Nice View but Overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I booked it online through their website as a special dinner for our honeymoon. I went there with my hubby on the 10/12/2012. The receptionist was unfriendly, and limited food option. They only offered a 'tasting' menu, which was a normal 3 courses (appetizer, main & dessert). I told the lady that it's our honeymoon, see whether they can arrange a special tiny cake, or dessert for us. She said she will give us a big surprise. However, all I ' ve got is an extra rose beside my set dessert : (
2 tasting menu cost EURO 800. which is extremely overpriced in this country!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RM-management, Propriétaire at Restaurant Riad Monceau, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear guest,

Your feedback is very important to us and I would like to thank you for your comment.
I feel very concern about the fact you were a bit disappointed with your meal at our restaurant and would like to add – if I may – the following information:

1/ You booked online through our website so you were perfectly aware that our restaurant – as most Moroccan gourmet restaurants in Marrakech – serves a tasting set menu (this is clearly explained on our website as well as on the booking form) ; so, yes, there is a limited food option... but as soon as you receive a perfectly clear information and decide to go for it ... why complain about it ?! I would like to add that if we’ve decided to work this way it’s only because our purpose is to serve a genuine Moroccan food, cooked in a traditional way. When you know that most Moroccan dishes require several hours of slow cooking then you understand that an a-la-carte service is just NOT an option ;

2/ For the same reason as all is homemade here there’s no way we can arrange a special dessert last minute. What we use to do is add a nice candle on the dessert, have our staff sing a nice happy birthday song and offer the lady a rose... For what I understand that was not enough to make you happy but... do you know so many restaurants that do such great efforts to make their guests happy ? If you ask for a special meal upon booking then we’ll probably be able to arrange something really different but, last minute...........

3/ You say our restaurant is really overpriced as it cost you EURO 800 for 2 tastings menus... I totally agree that if it would cost EURO 800 it would really be overpriced ... But very fortunately the actual cost is EURO 80 - EIGHTY EUROS - for 2 tastings menus (32 € per person + drinks) which makes restaurant Riad Monceau one of the cheapest Moroccan gourmet restaurant in town (the average price being around 70 € per person........................................).

I hope this will help. Thanks to Tripadvisor to allow the management response.

Sincerely yours.
Isabelle AUBRY
Owner of restaurant Riad Monceau
Larnaka City, Cyprus
“Moroccan style of food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

My family and I loved this place where we got to taste many Moroccan special recipes. Staff were very friendly.

Visited October 2012