“Great riad in a very good location”
Review of Riad Al Tainam

Riad Al Tainam
Ranked #828 of 1,168 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were in the riad Al Tainam in March of the last year and we didn't regret at all. It is located in the authentic area of Marrakech, Medina, and was very close to the square Jamaa El Fna.

The rooms were original and everything was very clean, Also, thanks to the owner, we had the opportunity to book a excursion to Ouarzazate.

Very nice hote in general

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This Riad is lovely and clean ten minutes from the square and the staff were so friendly. We found it to be great value for money and would highly recommend it as a great location away from the chaos in the town square. The hotel arranged a trip for us at a cost of £65 euros each to the desert on a camel ride and it was good value however we discovered that people found the trip cheaper elsewhere but we found it worthwhile save the hassle and we were picked up at the hotel so was well worth the money. As the Riad is situated in the back streets, and when you first arrive can be very confusing I would recommend you book the hotel shuttle service as we had to haggle seriously at the airport for the taxi drivers to give us a reasonable price. We paid £150 Dirhans for two people but only because I asked a local to help us as we were getting nowhere. Oh and if you go to the Tannery don't tip them too much I tipped 40 dirhans one girl I met was forced to part with 200!!!! Oh and when your used to the town its easy to get back to the airport, No 19 just outside the big square past the horse and carriages, they come every 30 minutes day and night very reliable and only costs 30 dirhans per person. Hope this helps!

Room Tip: We were in the front room and it was noisy because of the children playing and the Muezzin (call fro...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2014

we stayed at this riad after moving from its sister riad which was very poor. riad al tainam was fine but shame about the breakfast. we had the same breakfast every day which is a shame as in Marrakech you get lovely fresh orange juice and pastries and bread any time of the day but at this riad the flacky pancake was chewy and like leather, you can get these in the madina for 5dh twice the size that you get at the riad and freshly made. the manager was always trying to get us t book trips with him. the table was set for breakfast by 8am and a flask of coffee would be put there but as we went in Januaray it was very cold in the morning we had to come down in our jumper and the coffee has already gone luke warm by 8.30am.

the maid and mohammed (who did the night duty) were lovely and always smiling.

abdul

Room Tip: check that your A/C is working and check the bathrooms for leaks
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Do not believe the nay sayers, this is great value. Clean and comfortable rooms, very friendly and helpful staff, good location in the real Marrakech, 10 minutes walk from the main square.
Like most riads it is hard to find the first time so we would advise booking the airpport transfer with the riad. We also booked our camel riding in the desert with them and it was great fun, good value and well organised. We would stay there again. You can spend more money and get more luxury but to be honest we were so tired when we came back to the riad we barely noticed it and fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillows

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OojasMan
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Me and my bf stayed in this hotel for 3 night. We paid 80 Euros. Hotel organized an amazing mountain/ waterfall trip for us, and provide us with useful information. As we have all days planed before we decide to stay in cheap hotel to spend money on nice restaurants and days in spa instead. It was a great experience. Hotel is very close to Market and main sq. Definitely a place to stay in Marrakech.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013

In March, I booked this riad but canceled almost immediately because of their lewd and rude response to some questions I had. Now, three months later, they charged my card for the full amount, ie 100%. I contacted booking.com and was told that I misunderstood the clause "up to 7 days." I thought it meant then on the seventh day before arrival.
But it comes all the time, even if you book and then cancel the riad one year before arrival, they will charge your card with 100% anyway.

I cancelled this riad 16 days before arrival but became be charged.

It has never happened to me before that a hotel would charge the full amount. 10-15%, it can be understood, but not 100% - I regard it as a theft really, rude and not polite or how I can say.

Therefore I write this review and warn all who intend to book this riad. Be sure however that you right understand their clause on booking so that you do not run into the same thing as me.
And even considering their unpleasant nonchalant way to answer both for booked and even now at my reaction to the charge, I can not imagine that it can be enjoyable stay there.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Khamlia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The location of this riad was exceptionally poor, in the roughest part of the souks, 15 minutes to the Djemaa al Fna. The greeting staff were very friendly, as was the cleaning lady, however the man I presume owns the riad was on the hard-sell about booking their excursions. Overall, the riad was very shabby, our toilet leaked and the bathrooms require repair. The bed linen was clean, but the pillows underneath were not. The breakfast was the same everyday, simple crepes and bread with coffee and orange juice; the dinner at the riad is UK prices for Marrakech food. I have stayed in Marrakech previously at riad Assala, which was the same price as Riad al Tainam, but was much more luxurious than this, in a much nicer part of town - we booked the other riad but this was given as our alternative when the previous closed down. I would not recommend unless you are an experienced traveler who doesn't mind their location much.

Room Tip: Choose a room which does not face out into the street - a lot of street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple