“A return to a different day”

Hotel Residence Primavera Marrakech
We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Residence Primavera Marrakech
Ranked #445 of 495 Hotels in Marrakech
New York City, New York
“A return to a different day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2008

Arriving at this hotel was a little difficult as the people in the immediate area didn't seem to even know the exact location of the hotel. After finding it, I was pleasantly surprised to see three Moroccan police officers standing guard outside (they also send a patrol every now and then) and an authentically decorated entrance to this former riad.

There are about 22 rooms in the hotel, a synagogue, swimming pool, restaurant etc. Cuisine is of French and North African flavour. The room that I was given was a single. The floor wasn't particularly clean (though I saw them wash it every day I was there). It just has that authentic feeling of it being a Moroccan residence. Still, with the air conditioning and friendly staff and guests, I had an excellent time here (I am a bit spoiled and tend to prefer five star chain hotels).

The guests and atmosphere sent me back to a different time. Spending a holiday with Moroccan Jewry was an experience I will never forget, and I only got this experience by staying in this property since it is the only kosher hotel in all of North Africa.

Price was moderate for full board. It was a bit more expensive since it was during the Passover holiday and this property is certified kosher by the Beth Din of Marrakech.

• Liked — Cuisine
  • Disliked — Distance from old city
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo