I spent 5 days here with my best friend and we returned only last Monday and I have to confess, after reading up some of the previous reviews left for this hotel I was anxious about meeting "rude and unfriendly" staff and being let down with what others described as "very basic" rooms.
However, during our stay we were more than impressed with the helpfulness of the staff despite them not speaking much English and our room was more than 'basic' in comparison with other hotels we have stayed at around the world. The shower was wonderful and although our balcony was small, it was room enough for us to sit and enjoy the morning sun while we planned our days. The staff were always smiling despite the incredibly hot temperatures and helped us when we struggled with currency issues.
The food hall served up a huge variety of food and as a vegetarian I had expected to be disappointed at what was on offer but there was always vegetarian options available - and I totally recommend the vegetable soup - I had 4 bowls on one particular hungover day!
The grounds are immaculate and beautiful and there are 2 pools, one which is extremely large and provides entertainment and the other known as the Zen pool which was ideal for more peaceful days of sun worshiping and taking a dip.
If you stay at this hotel I just have to recommend that you treat yourself to a Hammam and a full body 50 minute massage... I swear we floated up the stairs after our session and the women were very polite and gave possibly the best massage experience of my life! I'd return just for that experience !
We took the shuttle into Marrakech City and thankfully we had a guide (can be arranged by the hotel reception staff) which again I recommend if you are new to Marrakech as it can be rather intimidating walking around town with everyone trying to get you to purchase something from their stalls.
And you must go and have a freshly made milkshake in the cafe that looks over the city. Breathtaking.....
Yes, this hotel is off the beaten track but with everything you need under one roof and access to a shuttle and guide should you wish to go into the city, why would that matter?
The only 'negatives' I would say is that we were not aware we would be charged room tax upon checking out on our last day and although it isn't too much, we were aware many people may have run out of money by their last day so make sure you check this out when making bookings.
We also didn't have a remote control for the A/C on our arrival but this was quickly sorted out.
Despite that, we are already talking about planning our next trip back and will no doubt book this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Club Palmeraie Marrakech is a 5-star all-inclusive hotel in Marrakech that is perfect for enjoying with family or friends. In the rooms of one of the best hotels in Marrakech, you’ll feel like you’ve stepped into a story from One Thousand and One Nights. The hotel’s restaurants invite you to savour the essence of Marrakech in every dish, and its 100,000 palm trees offer a unique landscape to fully experience your vacation in Morocco. Want to learn more? Sweet dreams. The double and family rooms at this hotel guarantee rest for the whole family. They also include a terrace or balcony for enjoying the fresh breeze from the palm trees that surround this hotel in Morocco or sunbathing whenever you like, without leaving your room. Spice up your holidays. With a little bit of turmeric, black pepper and cayenne... And all of the spices that fill Moroccan cuisine with exquisite aromas. Keep surprising yourself by enjoying live cooking shows or trying the flavours of the world in themed dinners. The best part? Everything is all inclusive so you can enjoy every dish, without limits! Oasis of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing bath in an authentic Moroccan hammam and rejuvenate with an aromatherapy massage. Or, if you prefer, lie down in a hammock by the pool while sipping a gin and tonic. The only requirement is to unwind! Say goodbye to routine. There are dozens of activities and sports available in this hotel with a pool in Marrakech. You can surprise everyone with your aim by trying your hand at archery, learn to dance with various oriental dance classes and even soar in flying trapeze classes like an authentic circus performer. Adventure holidays. In addition to clubs where your children can make friends during their holiday, they will have a blast with slides and water jets, waterfalls, a children’s pool, shows, arts and crafts workshops, and more. Your children won’t have a spare moment to be bored! For avid explorers. There is a free minibus to the city centre, so don’t wait another minute to discover the magic of Marrakech. Strolling through the narrow streets of the Medina, visiting bazaars brimming with thousands of colours, spices and leather or crossing through the Sahara Desert in an off-road vehicle are activities you can’t miss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Club Palmeraie Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorador Club Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Eldorador Palmeraie
- Eldorador Palmeraie Hotel