I spent hours choosing what I thought was the right hotel but was ultimately disappointed. Let's start with the good bits: beautiful gardens, well kept with a lake (and ducks and geese) and plenty of walking around space. Two swimming pools, one with activities and music the other quieter - both very clean and well maintained. Animation team worked very, very hard but they tended to concentrate their attentions on the "young and beautiful" crowd. Good thing about them is that they didn't try to force you into joining in if you didn't want to. Food was adequate, a lot of choice, but a bit monotonous. Service was mostly good. We had a room on the ground floor with a small terrace which was nice. Cleaning was excellent and standard of room very good. Housekeeping staff were non-intrusive and a couple of minor maintenance issues were dealt with immediately. Disappointing aspects: public areas didn't have air conditioning, ie. the lobby/reception, indoor bar, restaurant. There was seating outside but as all the smokers were out there, it wasn't very pleasant for non-smokers. Inside the restaurant it became almost unbearably hot, it got up to 38 degrees whilst we were there. Also it was too hot to sit in the bar to listen to the man on his organ, so we felt let down by the entertainment. The animation team put on shows most nights - a cabaret with dancing and sketches one night, a quiz night, an "X-Factor" type evening which were good but all in French so we missed out quite a lot on the comedy. Luckily a lot of the comedy was visual, but we still felt a bit left out. Hardly any of the staff spoke any English and whilst this wasn't really a problem, we felt a bit isolated not being able to chat to people like you normally would. Overall we had a relaxing time but a week was long enough. I would like to commend the ladies on reception - much more polite and helpful than the man; Leila from the restaurant who made everyone feel special and welcome, I have never met such a lovely lady who worked so very hard to help the guests. The guy who drives the free shuttle bus into Marrakech is also an absolute gem - funny and helpful and an all round lovely man. The hotel was packed to the gills when we were there which made it feel a bit "holiday camp-ish" which I think is what disappointed me the most, I was hoping for somewhere a bit more elegant and stylish - next time I will definitely go five-star. Finally, must commend the hotel for letting us keep our room until 6pm WITH NO EXTRA CHARGE. I have never come across this before, well done for this policy ... and the hotel seemed to be just about full.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "EldoradorClub Palmeraie"is surrounded by its beautiful 11 hectares palm grooves and lush gardens. The resort is overlooking a breathtaking vue of the Atlas Mountains. It is situated just 20 minutes off a free shuttle bus from the old town "Medina" and the sanctuary "Jamaa Fna square". In addition to the buffet Restaurant, the Hotel also welcomes you to its a la carte restaurants, Italian (from April to September) and Moroccan (All year long). Thanks to its All-inclusive concept. This magnificent hotel offers all the facilities you could need to make your stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible. The complex includes three fresh water swimming pools: 1 olympic animated, 2 heated during winter time Zen for chilling, and children pool. The SPA in the lower basement with Hammam (Turkish Style), and plenty of massages and beauty treatments to choose from made carefully by magical hands. Just Dial 3038 from your room to make an appointment or if you require a special request. Gym-Fitness 1st floor by the hall Children can also have a great time with the entertainment program, enjoying activities such as crafts studio with our entertainers and other kids. Baby Club for babies up to 2 yrs old, and Mini Club for children from 4yrs old up to 12, studio ado's only for Teenagers from 13 up to 17 yrs old. If you're travelling as a family, couple or with friends this hotel is perfect for enjoying the wide range of activities and sports on offer. You'll find 2 Clay tennis courts, golf practice, table tennis, water gym badminton, petanque, Archery, darts, volleyball and Football, least but lont last Trapeze circus for all age: a very unique activity here in the area. In the surrounding area you can also do some walking around our healthy walk path, stretching, Practice your golf Swing in the 4 surrounding golf courses nearby, and in the winter you can even ski, so Please do forget your goggles and sun blocks. materiel can easily be rented up in Atlas Mountain: "Oukaimden" At night, many shows and live music options await you, and to end your night, the Night-Club "La Gazelle" is there for you to let your head out. Six Spacious Conference Rooms are available for any type of events, seminars and team buildings. Basically, it is the place to be if you are with or even without your children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Club Palmeraie Marrakesh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorador Club Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Eldorador Palmeraie
- Eldorador Palmeraie Hotel