We booked this through a voucher system and I was a bit worried by some of the pretty poor reviews. I needn't have been. If you do your research, you will know the Hotel is some distance from the centre of Marrakesh. No problem, the Hotel lays on a very regular and punctual coach service throughout the day and into the evening to get your there. Further, the drivers are helpful, and point you in the direction of the various sights around the centre. Food - brilliant. So much variety, the tagines were better here than when we ate out. Loads of fresh salads, fruit, I cannot fathom how anyone would complain about the amount or quality. Alcohol - House wine was pretty basic, but then it is free. Otherwise, we had as much local beer, vodka and various other drinks throughout our stay. Room - we had a large room, 4 piece bathroom with a lovely little balcony, and very welcome air con! It was kept clean and replenished with soaps etc every day. Hotel facilities - the wifi was pretty poor, difficult to log on but quite honestly we were on holiday?? So no biggie. Swimming pools - Now this was one annoying issue. There is a huge family pool with lots of entertainment. Not having kids with us and wanting some peace and quiet, we headed for the Zen pool. No games, and a suggestion that children were taken to the playpool. This was unfortunately ignored by some selfish people who decided to allow their little darlings to splash about and shriek their heads off. Very annoying. I would strongly suggest that the management restrict this pool to no kids, thereby ensuring some peace for those who want it. Also, the reserving of sunbeds by people who had slung a towel on them at some unearthly hour and clearly gone off for the day was a bit frustrating - suggest those towels clearly abandoned by people with no intention of using the facilities are removed. And yes, the majority of the people using the Hotel were French. I found the staff more than happy to speak to me in English, but clearly delighted when I exercised my school girl French on them! All in all a perfectly pleasant stay, very relaxing, very well fed, well looked after. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Temporarily closed due to renovation. Will reopen on April 2017. The IBEROSTAR Club Palmeraie Marrakech is a 5-star all-inclusive hotel in Marrakech that is perfect for enjoying with family or friends. In the rooms of one of the best hotels in Marrakech, you’ll feel like you’ve stepped into a story from One Thousand and One Nights. The hotel’s restaurants invite you to savour the essence of Marrakech in every dish, and its 100,000 palm trees offer a unique landscape to fully experience your vacation in Morocco. Want to learn more? Sweet dreams. The double and family rooms at this hotel guarantee rest for the whole family. They also include a terrace or balcony for enjoying the fresh breeze from the palm trees that surround this hotel in Morocco or sunbathing whenever you like, without leaving your room. Spice up your holidays. With a little bit of turmeric, black pepper and cayenne... And all of the spices that fill Moroccan cuisine with exquisite aromas. Keep surprising yourself by enjoying live cooking shows or trying the flavours of the world in themed dinners. The best part? Everything is all inclusive so you can enjoy every dish, without limits! Oasis of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing bath in an authentic Moroccan hammam and rejuvenate with an aromatherapy massage. Or, if you prefer, lie down in a hammock by the pool while sipping a gin and tonic. The only requirement is to unwind! Say goodbye to routine. There are dozens of activities and sports available in this hotel with a pool in Marrakech. You can surprise everyone with your aim by trying your hand at archery, learn to dance with various oriental dance classes and even soar in flying trapeze classes like an authentic circus performer. Adventure holidays. In addition to clubs where your children can make friends during their holiday, they will have a blast with slides and water jets, waterfalls, a children’s pool, shows, arts and crafts workshops, and more. Your children won’t have a spare moment to be bored! For avid explorers. There is a free minibus to the city centre, so don’t wait another minute to discover the magic of Marrakech. Strolling through the narrow streets of the Medina, visiting bazaars brimming with thousands of colours, spices and leather or crossing through the Sahara Desert in an off-road vehicle are activities you can’t miss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Iberostar so you can book your IBEROSTAR Club Palmeraie Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorador Club Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Eldorador Palmeraie
- Eldorador Palmeraie Hotel