We stayed in room number 1156 from the 25th April - 2nd May 2013. The hotel itself is situated 30-40 mins away from the airport and about 20 mins from the city center of Marrakech. I stayed with my girlfriend for the week and we didn't take my children. There are some real positives and negatives about this hotel. First the negatives:
The hotel itself is French with 90-95% of the guests staying there being french. We saw two English couples there during our whole stay out of 100's of guests. The hotel itself has no carpets in the hallways and because of this can be very noisy during the mornings when children are up and are running the length of the corridors. Because of this it is virtually impossible to sleep in past 8-9 am. The sound can echo off the walls and boom around the hotel and probably isn't the right choice if you are looking for a hotel where you can stay up past midnight and have a lazy morning the following day. The pillows were very hard and uncomfortable and the beds weren't the softest. Needless to say it isn't the right choice for light sleepers. Again due to the design of the hotel the walls seem to be very thin and the maids can be heard scraping the chairs around on the floors of other rooms in the mornings. This can be so loud some mornings that it is impossible to get back to sleep. This could have easily been resolved by the cleaners simply lifting the chairs when they clean. Instead the sound echo's throughout the hotel. The water from the taps in the bathroom came out at a ridiculously slow rate, sometimes to the point where it was easier to fill the sink with water just to do your teeth.
The WIFI is only in the reception area of the hotel. Its very unusual in that at some points in the day there seemed to be 3-4 different WIFI hot spots and at other times there was only 1? Sometimes our phones wouldn't allow us to connect to the networks and sometimes they would. This seemed to be completely random? The signal strength was very intermittent, ranging from full strength to completely dropping out within the same minute or two. The speed was also very slow on whatever hot spot we used. This was very annoying, especially when all we were trying to do was upload some pics to Facebook of some of the amazing places we had visited.
The only way to describe the food was strange. My girlfriend and I love to try different countries foods and cultures but have never seen carrot and beetroot juice for breakfast?? The food was very obviously catered for the french with a massive amount of pastries. There always seemed to be a large queue for omelettes with only two people serving a large amount of guests. This could have easily been resolved by having 4-5 chefs. There was always plenty to choose from but always an extremely odd selection, ranging from courgette or cheese pizza every day of the 7 days we stayed, to Paella with no meat in? Something which we both found very disturbing was seeing one of the hotels cats spraying urine up against the serving halls walls. Not very nice when the table wine served with the meals tasted of little else.
Another thing we found to be very strange was having to pay for the use of the rooms safe?? I have never had this with any other hotel I've ever stayed in and we both thought this to be very odd!
Now that's all out the way with on to the positives:
The rooms themselves were large and decorated tastefully throughout. They come with plenty of storage and either look out over the pool or the Atlas mountains which are an awesome sight to wake up to. Our room had a flat screen TV and air conditioning which was a welcomed treat after a long day in the lush Moroccan heat. The room also had a card slot for the room card but brilliantly didn't need to be inserted to make the electric function meaning that you could leave the aircon on all day ready for a lush cool temperature in the evening. The visual aspect of the hotel and its surroundings was amazing!! The hotel decor is a very good mix of traditional, authentic and modern styles. The reception area is huge, very grand and has an amazing ceiling. The sofas and lounging areas throughout the hotel are very comfortable and beautiful. The hotel grounds are huge and there is plenty to do. With activities such as archery, the trapeze, basketball, ping pong ball and two large swimming pools it is almost impossible for active people of any age to be bored. The grounds are beautiful with lush vegetation and an array of brightly coloured flowers. It was a very pleasant feeling to be walking around late at night with the paths lit and to be mooching around the pretty lake with its bizarre croaking frogs. The hotel also houses a night club, extremely large function hall and an on site infirmary. It all feels very safe and secure, with large gates at the front of the hotel which were manned 24/7 and life guards around the pool.
Although the staff speak very little English they are extremely helpful and will go out of their way for you and have clearly adopted a friendly and caring attitude. There is a free shuttle service to and from the center of Marrkech but with very odd times. For example the night service runs you into the center at 1945 but the evening meal is served at 1930. Giving you only 10 mins to eat your food. This left us feeling rushed on more than one occasion. Both of us enjoy the occasional cigarette and these can be bought from the reception for only £2.43 for a pack of 20 Marlboro or Malboro lights. Obviously a massive saving from the UK's £8.20!! There is also a cash machine in the reception area which was very convenient. Although we had a TV the only channel in English seemed to be CNN news. A minor thing but a little annoying.
All in all our stay at the hotel was very pleasant and enjoyable apart from the very loud mornings and the bizarre food which had clearly been recycled several times over from previous meals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "EldoradorClub Palmeraie"is surrounded by its beautiful 11 hectares palm grooves and lush gardens. The resort is overlooking a breathtaking vue of the Atlas Mountains. It is situated just 20 minutes off a free shuttle bus from the old town "Medina" and the sanctuary "Jamaa Fna square". In addition to the buffet Restaurant, the Hotel also welcomes you to its a la carte restaurants, Italian (from April to September) and Moroccan (All year long). Thanks to its All-inclusive concept. This magnificent hotel offers all the facilities you could need to make your stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible. The complex includes three fresh water swimming pools: 1 olympic animated, 2 heated during winter time Zen for chilling, and children pool. The SPA in the lower basement with Hammam (Turkish Style), and plenty of massages and beauty treatments to choose from made carefully by magical hands. Just Dial 3038 from your room to make an appointment or if you require a special request. Gym-Fitness 1st floor by the hall Children can also have a great time with the entertainment program, enjoying activities such as crafts studio with our entertainers and other kids. Baby Club for babies up to 2 yrs old, and Mini Club for children from 4yrs old up to 12, studio ado's only for Teenagers from 13 up to 17 yrs old. If you're travelling as a family, couple or with friends this hotel is perfect for enjoying the wide range of activities and sports on offer. You'll find 2 Clay tennis courts, golf practice, table tennis, water gym badminton, petanque, Archery, darts, volleyball and Football, least but lont last Trapeze circus for all age: a very unique activity here in the area. In the surrounding area you can also do some walking around our healthy walk path, stretching, Practice your golf Swing in the 4 surrounding golf courses nearby, and in the winter you can even ski, so Please do forget your goggles and sun blocks. materiel can easily be rented up in Atlas Mountain: "Oukaimden" At night, many shows and live music options await you, and to end your night, the Night-Club "La Gazelle" is there for you to let your head out. Six Spacious Conference Rooms are available for any type of events, seminars and team buildings. Basically, it is the place to be if you are with or even without your children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Club Eldorador Palmeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorador Club Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Eldorador Palmeraie
- Eldorador Palmeraie Hotel