It is a shame there isn't a review score between average and very good because "average" seems inappropriate for somewhere so wonderfully well appointed externally. However certain aspects inside let the side down so I can't select very good.
We were booked in a superior twin but on arrival sent off to a room in the second block - there is a main horseshoe-shaped wing and then a replica a few yards to the side, each with three floors. The key card wouldn't work so after a trip back to reception it was established that would have been a double room anyway. So another room is allocated in the main block, first floor. Twin - yes. Superior? Far from it. No towels, no bath products, cobwebs, nothing plugged in ready to go. Now we need it cleaned. All in all two hours of sun lost on arrival trying to sort all this out. We speak school level French but it was hard to convey dissatisfaction to the rather challenging reception staff.
Dinner the first evening was also grim - like a canteen for noise and lack of tables. Too few staff, hard to get a table and very slow service. However the range and quality of the food on offer was great.
After this unfortunate start everything picked up. Outside the hotel boasts an amazing array of distractions including table tennis, tennis, children's zone, two pools, archery, golf and cricket nets and so on - even a flying trapeze. Absolutely excellent. We didn't get very good weather - wind, rain and average of 12 degrees but we did manage a few minutes on a sunbed now and then. You need a few dirhams for a towel - you get this deposit back on check out. However this system wasn't available the Sunday we wanted to relax so we had to use the bath towels.
We used the shuttle bus into town which ran very promptly but was a bit grubby. We ignored the offers of guides and taxis - we had to be very firm and just keep walking - and there's no need as the drop off point is an ok 15 min walk from all the action. The souk was disappointing - more Man United strips than spices!
Back at the hotel we sat in the bar and the entertainment was mixed - one night something fun and hosted by cheery staff - the next dead. It was a bit out of season but there were loads of children, many with no parental control, and despite all the activities most enjoyed yelling and running in the corridors more than the facilities.
Mustafa - in charge of housekeeping? - happened to ask us about our trip and this made all the difference to our trip. Suddenly we had a fruit basket in the room, towels shaped into swans and rose petals strewn. Extra bedding turned up. It should have been like this from the off.
The TV has just CNN as an English language channel.
You get bottled water with each meal so take up to the room fridge to keep you stocked.
Note that some items at breakfast are cooked outside and you bring back to the table.
The bureau doesn't change travellers' cheques only cash.
I'd go again but not when the French school holidays are on, not quite so off season in order for sun and I'd go to the Atlas Mountains and the coast which were well regarded by people we spoke with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Club Palmeraie Marrakech is a 5-star all-inclusive hotel in Marrakech that is perfect for enjoying with family or friends. In the rooms of one of the best hotels in Marrakech, you’ll feel like you’ve stepped into a story from One Thousand and One Nights. The hotel’s restaurants invite you to savour the essence of Marrakech in every dish, and its 100,000 palm trees offer a unique landscape to fully experience your vacation in Morocco. Want to learn more? Sweet dreams. The double and family rooms at this hotel guarantee rest for the whole family. They also include a terrace or balcony for enjoying the fresh breeze from the palm trees that surround this hotel in Morocco or sunbathing whenever you like, without leaving your room. Spice up your holidays. With a little bit of turmeric, black pepper and cayenne... And all of the spices that fill Moroccan cuisine with exquisite aromas. Keep surprising yourself by enjoying live cooking shows or trying the flavours of the world in themed dinners. The best part? Everything is all inclusive so you can enjoy every dish, without limits! Oasis of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing bath in an authentic Moroccan hammam and rejuvenate with an aromatherapy massage. Or, if you prefer, lie down in a hammock by the pool while sipping a gin and tonic. The only requirement is to unwind! Say goodbye to routine. There are dozens of activities and sports available in this hotel with a pool in Marrakech. You can surprise everyone with your aim by trying your hand at archery, learn to dance with various oriental dance classes and even soar in flying trapeze classes like an authentic circus performer. Adventure holidays. In addition to clubs where your children can make friends during their holiday, they will have a blast with slides and water jets, waterfalls, a children’s pool, shows, arts and crafts workshops, and more. Your children won’t have a spare moment to be bored! For avid explorers. There is a free minibus to the city centre, so don’t wait another minute to discover the magic of Marrakech. Strolling through the narrow streets of the Medina, visiting bazaars brimming with thousands of colours, spices and leather or crossing through the Sahara Desert in an off-road vehicle are activities you can’t miss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Club Palmeraie Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorador Club Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Eldorador Palmeraie
- Eldorador Palmeraie Hotel