It is a shame there isn't a review score between average and very good because "average" seems inappropriate for somewhere so wonderfully well appointed externally. However certain aspects inside let the side down so I can't select very good.
We were booked in a superior twin but on arrival sent off to a room in the second block - there is a main horseshoe-shaped wing and then a replica a few yards to the side, each with three floors. The key card wouldn't work so after a trip back to reception it was established that would have been a double room anyway. So another room is allocated in the main block, first floor. Twin - yes. Superior? Far from it. No towels, no bath products, cobwebs, nothing plugged in ready to go. Now we need it cleaned. All in all two hours of sun lost on arrival trying to sort all this out. We speak school level French but it was hard to convey dissatisfaction to the rather challenging reception staff.
Dinner the first evening was also grim - like a canteen for noise and lack of tables. Too few staff, hard to get a table and very slow service. However the range and quality of the food on offer was great.
After this unfortunate start everything picked up. Outside the hotel boasts an amazing array of distractions including table tennis, tennis, children's zone, two pools, archery, golf and cricket nets and so on - even a flying trapeze. Absolutely excellent. We didn't get very good weather - wind, rain and average of 12 degrees but we did manage a few minutes on a sunbed now and then. You need a few dirhams for a towel - you get this deposit back on check out. However this system wasn't available the Sunday we wanted to relax so we had to use the bath towels.
We used the shuttle bus into town which ran very promptly but was a bit grubby. We ignored the offers of guides and taxis - we had to be very firm and just keep walking - and there's no need as the drop off point is an ok 15 min walk from all the action. The souk was disappointing - more Man United strips than spices!
Back at the hotel we sat in the bar and the entertainment was mixed - one night something fun and hosted by cheery staff - the next dead. It was a bit out of season but there were loads of children, many with no parental control, and despite all the activities most enjoyed yelling and running in the corridors more than the facilities.
Mustafa - in charge of housekeeping? - happened to ask us about our trip and this made all the difference to our trip. Suddenly we had a fruit basket in the room, towels shaped into swans and rose petals strewn. Extra bedding turned up. It should have been like this from the off.
The TV has just CNN as an English language channel.
You get bottled water with each meal so take up to the room fridge to keep you stocked.
Note that some items at breakfast are cooked outside and you bring back to the table.
The bureau doesn't change travellers' cheques only cash.
I'd go again but not when the French school holidays are on, not quite so off season in order for sun and I'd go to the Atlas Mountains and the coast which were well regarded by people we spoke with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "EldoradorClub Palmeraie"is surrounded by its beautiful 11 hectares palm grooves and lush gardens. The resort is overlooking a breathtaking vue of the Atlas Mountains. It is situated just 20 minutes off a free shuttle bus from the old town "Medina" and the sanctuary "Jamaa Fna square". In addition to the buffet Restaurant, the Hotel also welcomes you to its a la carte restaurants, Italian (from April to September) and Moroccan (All year long). Thanks to its All-inclusive concept. This magnificent hotel offers all the facilities you could need to make your stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible. The complex includes three fresh water swimming pools: 1 olympic animated, 2 heated during winter time Zen for chilling, and children pool. The SPA in the lower basement with Hammam (Turkish Style), and plenty of massages and beauty treatments to choose from made carefully by magical hands. Just Dial 3038 from your room to make an appointment or if you require a special request. Gym-Fitness 1st floor by the hall Children can also have a great time with the entertainment program, enjoying activities such as crafts studio with our entertainers and other kids. Baby Club for babies up to 2 yrs old, and Mini Club for children from 4yrs old up to 12, studio ado's only for Teenagers from 13 up to 17 yrs old. If you're travelling as a family, couple or with friends this hotel is perfect for enjoying the wide range of activities and sports on offer. You'll find 2 Clay tennis courts, golf practice, table tennis, water gym badminton, petanque, Archery, darts, volleyball and Football, least but lont last Trapeze circus for all age: a very unique activity here in the area. In the surrounding area you can also do some walking around our healthy walk path, stretching, Practice your golf Swing in the 4 surrounding golf courses nearby, and in the winter you can even ski, so Please do forget your goggles and sun blocks. materiel can easily be rented up in Atlas Mountain: "Oukaimden" At night, many shows and live music options await you, and to end your night, the Night-Club "La Gazelle" is there for you to let your head out. Six Spacious Conference Rooms are available for any type of events, seminars and team buildings. Basically, it is the place to be if you are with or even without your children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Club Eldorador Palmeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorador Club Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Eldorador Palmeraie
- Eldorador Palmeraie Hotel