Went with friends, another couple, and on arrival in early evening staff took care of the rooms whilst we were sent off to eat before the restaurant closed. It was in relative terms to the size of the place very quiet but still had a good feel. Very much french oriented but that in itself was not a bad thing. We had gone for five nights, our rooms were adjoining and a bit distant from reception / restaurant but close to the 'Zen' pool. The rooms were good, the adult pool was heated whilst the larger pool was very cold, hence kids were in the Zen pool. We moved to the other pool to get some peace but there are many areas to relax quietly. The food we found really good and the service in the restaurants was good. They were busy and i do wonder just how different it might be in season. The bars were okay but on our fourth and fifth night they had ran out of draft beer. They then quickly ran out of bottled beer so on two nights we were devoid of beer by 10pm?
The staff were great, the hotel fine, a little distant from the centre but not in itself a bad thing. Taxi in day was 100DH and in evening 150 DH, not sure ifr we were overcharged or not but for the distance involved it seemed reasonable. Enjoyable, no real issues at all. Watch out for the local tourist tax which we were hit with on checking out. It worked out at 40 DH (about £3) a night per couple. Taxis are available directly outside the hotel on a little rank opposite the main entrance, there is always someone available. In addition they have a coach that goes into the centre but that is about a ten minute walk into the main square. DO NOT get caught out by taxis at the drop off who tell you it is a long way into the centre and you need one. DO NOT get caught by 'guides' who will take you into the centre but then lead you a merry dance around mates shops and follow that up with a hefty bill. Marrakesh was a great place and we found everyone, taxi drivers, hotel staff, shop owners quite delightful. Remember 'La Shokran' (No thankyou).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Temporarily closed due to renovation. Will reopen on April 2017. The IBEROSTAR Club Palmeraie Marrakech is a 5-star all-inclusive hotel in Marrakech that is perfect for enjoying with family or friends. In the rooms of one of the best hotels in Marrakech, you’ll feel like you’ve stepped into a story from One Thousand and One Nights. The hotel’s restaurants invite you to savour the essence of Marrakech in every dish, and its 100,000 palm trees offer a unique landscape to fully experience your vacation in Morocco. Want to learn more? Sweet dreams. The double and family rooms at this hotel guarantee rest for the whole family. They also include a terrace or balcony for enjoying the fresh breeze from the palm trees that surround this hotel in Morocco or sunbathing whenever you like, without leaving your room. Spice up your holidays. With a little bit of turmeric, black pepper and cayenne... And all of the spices that fill Moroccan cuisine with exquisite aromas. Keep surprising yourself by enjoying live cooking shows or trying the flavours of the world in themed dinners. The best part? Everything is all inclusive so you can enjoy every dish, without limits! Oasis of relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing bath in an authentic Moroccan hammam and rejuvenate with an aromatherapy massage. Or, if you prefer, lie down in a hammock by the pool while sipping a gin and tonic. The only requirement is to unwind! Say goodbye to routine. There are dozens of activities and sports available in this hotel with a pool in Marrakech. You can surprise everyone with your aim by trying your hand at archery, learn to dance with various oriental dance classes and even soar in flying trapeze classes like an authentic circus performer. Adventure holidays. In addition to clubs where your children can make friends during their holiday, they will have a blast with slides and water jets, waterfalls, a children’s pool, shows, arts and crafts workshops, and more. Your children won’t have a spare moment to be bored! For avid explorers. There is a free minibus to the city centre, so don’t wait another minute to discover the magic of Marrakech. Strolling through the narrow streets of the Medina, visiting bazaars brimming with thousands of colours, spices and leather or crossing through the Sahara Desert in an off-road vehicle are activities you can’t miss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your IBEROSTAR Club Palmeraie Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorador Club Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Eldorador Palmeraie
- Eldorador Palmeraie Hotel