My boyfriend and I went here in June on a travelzoo deal and the hotel exceeded all of our expectations. We paid £250 each for 4nights, flights and all inclusive food and drink, activities and entertainment. For what we received we would definitely have paid more. The food choices were really good and you could book into the Italian restaurant or Morrocan restaurant if you wanted a set menu rather than a buffet. All alcoholic drinks were included (local drinks that is) and there was a nightclub that was open to 2 in the morning.
As other reviews have mentioned it is a predominantly French hotel but there was a dedicated member of staff that spoke English and all other members of staff were friendly. I would recommend brushing up on your french to ask for drinks etc but to be honest that was part of the fun - we had gone to another country so didn't expect to have an English experience.
In the evening the entertainment was in French and English so that all guests could take part. I would definitely recommend the Morroccan entertainment night (Wed night), it was awesome.
The hotel has a number of excursions that you can go on. We went on the 4x4 drive into the Atlas mountains and this included visiting a local village and going into a house and being treated to a traditional tea ceremony. I would recommend this. A number of guests also visited the waterfuls and foothills of the Atlas mountains and they were really pleased with these tours.
Before we went there we looked at the map and saw it was 30mins outside Marrakech and we were dissappointed, however, when we arrived we were actually really happy to be situated there. It meant we could chill by the pool when we wanted and chose when to go into Marrakech for the hub bub. nb the shuttle bus is a bit random - it is an old rachety bus that looks quite comical. It was free though and safe so we could not ask for much more.
There is also a Morrocan Hamman / spa place. I had the Morrocan treatment which I thought included a massage and it didn't, so I was a bit gutted but this is the only example of things getting lost in translation.
The room was lovely and the bathroom was like something out of Indiana Jones. The hotel building has a traditional style and we got some good pictures of us there.
All in all we loved it and if the deal came up again we would return just to chill by the pool and relax.
Thank you to the hotel for giving us such a wonderful holiday :) :) :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "EldoradorClub Palmeraie"is surrounded by its beautiful 11 hectares palm grooves and lush gardens. The resort is overlooking a breathtaking vue of the Atlas Mountains. It is situated just 20 minutes off a free shuttle bus from the old town "Medina" and the sanctuary "Jamaa Fna square". In addition to the buffet Restaurant, the Hotel also welcomes you to its a la carte restaurants, Italian (from April to September) and Moroccan (All year long). Thanks to its All-inclusive concept. This magnificent hotel offers all the facilities you could need to make your stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible. The complex includes three fresh water swimming pools: 1 olympic animated, 2 heated during winter time Zen for chilling, and children pool. The SPA in the lower basement with Hammam (Turkish Style), and plenty of massages and beauty treatments to choose from made carefully by magical hands. Just Dial 3038 from your room to make an appointment or if you require a special request. Gym-Fitness 1st floor by the hall Children can also have a great time with the entertainment program, enjoying activities such as crafts studio with our entertainers and other kids. Baby Club for babies up to 2 yrs old, and Mini Club for children from 4yrs old up to 12, studio ado's only for Teenagers from 13 up to 17 yrs old. If you're travelling as a family, couple or with friends this hotel is perfect for enjoying the wide range of activities and sports on offer. You'll find 2 Clay tennis courts, golf practice, table tennis, water gym badminton, petanque, Archery, darts, volleyball and Football, least but lont last Trapeze circus for all age: a very unique activity here in the area. In the surrounding area you can also do some walking around our healthy walk path, stretching, Practice your golf Swing in the 4 surrounding golf courses nearby, and in the winter you can even ski, so Please do forget your goggles and sun blocks. materiel can easily be rented up in Atlas Mountain: "Oukaimden" At night, many shows and live music options await you, and to end your night, the Night-Club "La Gazelle" is there for you to let your head out. Six Spacious Conference Rooms are available for any type of events, seminars and team buildings. Basically, it is the place to be if you are with or even without your children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Club Palmeraie Marrakesh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorador Club Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Eldorador Palmeraie
- Eldorador Palmeraie Hotel