Es Saadi Marrakech Resort - Palace
$516
$1,058
$1,016
1,108 results
All reviewsblack soapmoroccan artsister hotelstar hoteljunior suitelarge poolamazing hotelatlas mountainsstar servicerelaxing oasispool area ishotel guestsspent a weekmain buildingmoroccan restaurantpool stafforange trees
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was able to go to Marrakech on a fluke. It was Ramadan and I was flying solo so I thought a Hotel would be best. Not only was the Hotel decorated like a Raid but it had all the modern convenience one could ever need. The food was to die for and the service was excellent (even though they were fasting). The casino was more fun than a barrel of monkeys! Maybe not a truly 5 star but neither are the prices. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Beds are so soft and comfortable. I don not think there is a "bad one". The room service food is excellent and at a good price not jacked up like most Hotels. Also, the WIFI is strong. I was even able to watch TV from back home.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Katherine H
Daniel P, General Manager at Es Saadi Marrakech Resort - Palace, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Good morning Kate,

We like your adventures at the Es Saadi Resort eventhough your stay was taking place during Ramadan which is normally a more quiet month.
Come back please so you can have even more fun in Marrakech !

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Palace What can i say, Well i have traveled round the world and been lucky enough to enjoy the spoils of some great destinations. I have to say that this place tips the lot. We also missed our transport link from the airport to the hotel but to experience the local taxi what a way to start our break. Both myself and partner arrived smiling to the resort. The welcome was great we where early and our room wasn't ready so a refreshing Moroccan tea later we where shown to our room and then given a choice of rooms. We stayed in the Junior Suit, clean comfy huge and delightful. My partners birthday took place during our stay and the hotel staff couldn't do enough for us they where all brilliant. I went i search of the hotel GM Daniel to commend him on our experiences and he openly admitted things have gone by the wayside but he was managing this and implementing new things to make peoples stay better. Not really sure what this will en-tale as we just couldn't fault it. Stunning Pool, Rooms, and Staff. Would i recommend this hotel? YES without question. Oh forgot to mention the celebrity's staying there from France and the UK just added to probably the best break i have ever had. SEE YOU AGAIN SOON !!!!!! A Huge Thank You to you all..

Room Tip: No Tips here there all delightful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChequersManagement

Dear Guest,

thanks for your positive review. Yes, Es Saadi is an urban retreat, right in the middle of the Marrakech Golden Triangle, offering a stunning 2400 sqm lagoon pool in a 8ha private park. This is why we have so many movie stars, they can have either in the Palace or in our Villas a quiet accomodation, and all Marrakech life next door as soon as they decide to walk out of the Es Saadi Resort. Celebrities at the moment are not only from France or UK ... We have a big shooting with American cast and crew, but chuuuut ... it is a little bit secret.

Yours,

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Es Saadi Palace is a beautiful facility. They have an outdoor swimming pool, indoor heated swimming pool, "Oriental Thermae" which has dry, steam, aromatherapy sauna rooms and these all can be used free of charge. They also have a Moroccan person playing a guitar of some sort and serve mint tea by the musician all day long. The spa was a bit expensive for us so we didn't use it but it looks beautiful and I'm sure you would have a wonderful time if you want to be pampered. Also, please eat at their restaurant, though very pricey in Morocco (spent about 7000 MAD, about $100) for two dishes for dinner but SO worth it. Have their lamb chop. Hope they never change their chef. It was seriously the best lamb chop I had anywhere in the world! My only "complaint" is that they don't serve free breakfast at the Palace but if you walk 3 blocks, there's a restaurant that serves food all day long at a fairly reasonable price. The Palace is about 15 min walking distance from the Medina and about 20 min walking distance from Majorelle Garden. If you mention that you want to go here from train station, they will charge 100 MAD for what really should cost 10 MAD for a 5 min ride so beware!

2  Thank doonadoona
Reviewed June 2, 2013

No transport to meet us at the airport - not a very good start! We did eventually make contact with the hotel to come and meet us - they were "desole" and very apologetic, which was nice, but we still had a two hour wait while our room was made ready! When we finally got into it, however, it was gorgeous. View over the pool and lovely gardens just sensational. As was breakfast the following morning - but it was cleared away much before time and service was surly to say the least. The concierges - both of them - were not particularly helpful either and we did not manage to book any of the trips we had hoped for. Final disappointment was that our bill included items we had not had, or signed for, and when we pointed this out the reaction was hostile to say the least.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel P, General Manager at Es Saadi Marrakech Resort - Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Sally, G,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the travellers community.
I am really sorry to read that the free Palace private car and driver missed you at the airport. This is extremely rare, but should never happen.

Breakfast is served to 10H30 in the Lagon & Jardin on the week days, and 11h00 on the week-ends. Service should be available to the last minute and I will raise your experience to the Food & Beverage Director to make sure that this is what we apply.
I also take seriously that you had items on your invoice that was not signed so I assume it was not charged, and staff has no reason to be hostile about this.

I do not know about what specific trips you were hoping, it may have been reasons whyit was not available to our Concierge as their goal is to provide you what you are expecting as far as it is possible.

I am happy to read about the positive overall impression, particularly the garden and the pool in the heart of the golden triangle of Marrakech. We will make sure your next visit will go with almost perfect service;

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed in the Palace for four nights. The hotel and suites are traditional and very spacious with a balcony and table and chairs. The bathroom is gorgeous, slippers, dressing gown, toiletries and hairdryer (in the drawer) provided. Housekeeping did a great job, cleaned in the mornings and changed towels and turned down sheets in the evening. The bed is extremely comfortable with extra soft pillows but we discovered a pillow menu on our last day! All the staff are friendly and helpful and will provide whatever you need; they mostly don't look for tips but are very happy to accept them if offered. The hotel is ideally situated as it's a 10-15 min walk to the square and is close to the main road but the noise didn't bother us or disturb our sleep. The grounds are vast, beautiful and well tended. Pools are lovely surrounded by sunbeds with mattresses and the pool attendant will bring towels - 'baskets' with a canopy, mattress and cushions provide extra comfort and privacy . Lunch time food is good, big portions but pricey. We only had one issue during our stay in that we had no hot water on our second evening. I felt this was not dealt with correctly as once I had reported it there was an element of surprise and was told reception would get back to me. After 30 mins, no call so I inquired again and was told it was the whole palace yet other people were going out all dressed up for dinner. I would expect a 5* hotel to supply hot water and certainly offer an apology for the inconvenience particularly as I had explained we had dinner reservations but the apology never came neither did an offer to use another room. We were offered the spa but I didn't feel having a shower and getting ready in a room with strangers was appropriate. As the hotel was not full I found this disappointing but it didn't spoil our stay. We settled for a cold shower in our room, cancelled our reservation and ate locally at La Table du Marche (5 min walk from hotel) again which is very good and well worth a visit. On the whole we had a very pleasant stay at the Es Saadi Palace and apart from the water, everything else was wonderful.

Room Tip: All rooms are said to have a pool view but over the restaurant would provide the fullest