“Wonderful Hotel”

Es Saadi Marrakech Resort - Palace
Ranked #48 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This hotel was simply wonderful. The rooms were spacious and the hotel grounds were spectacular. A Las Vegas type setting. My room had a balcony that overlooked the pool area and the gardens depending on which way you were looking.

I highly recommend this hotel for any traveler staying in Marrakech, MOrocco.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
WonderfulMorocco, room division manager at Es Saadi Marrakech Resort - Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Dear Douna,
A heartfelt thank you from all my team here at the Es Saadi Gardens & Resort. We truly appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts and comments. There is nothing more energizing than a positive feedback from one of our guests. Again, from all of us here, "Thank you" for your business and the kind review. We hope to see you soon again and with the children!

There are newer reviews for Es Saadi Marrakech Resort - Palace

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We had the most wonderful stay at Es Saadi Palace, celebrating the wedding anniversarry of dear friends. The location is perfect for good restaurants and night life, and an easy ride in to the Medina.
The spa facilities at Es Saadi are magnificent. Excellent quality facilities and very well trained therapists.
We had some wonderful meals in all the restaurants, and the Frech chef was espcially strong on pastries. His macaroons were a particular treat, and I had the best home made gluten free bread I have ever tasted in a hotel, anywhere in the world.
~What made our trip espcially enjoyable was the personal attention of the staff, in particular Laurence Jeanvoine, whose attention to detail and friendliness was something you don't find in many large hotels around the world. I would highly reccomend this restort to anyone visiting Marrakech.

Room Tip: The Palace is well worth the investment.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank D C
WonderfulMorocco, Room Division Manager at Es Saadi Marrakech Resort - Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Dear Doulla,
And we hope to see you soon again! Warm regards, Laurence Jeanvoine

Reviewed May 29, 2012

You find few hotels that can accomplish the true 5 star experience but Es Saadi Palace exceeds those expectations. It has the charm to dazzle you with decor and true Moroccan ambience, the staff are over the top with being helpful and not just friendly but feels like your friends. That is why it feels like you are home amongst your most trusted friends. And of course it has comfort and they make you comfortable. The location was perfect for me near the Medina but in the chic part of town. This is a must stay. The gardens, pools and spa are superb so much detail and attention is paid to these places. The night life also tickles many fancies from a night club feel to a lounge setting with wonderful musicians. In every way a must stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear Seldon,
From all of us here at the Es Saadi Gardens & Resort, thanks you very much for selecting our hotel, your visit and your generous comments!
Your room is ready, the pianist and violonists are waiting for you too! Warmest regards, Laurence Jeanvoine

Reviewed May 20, 2012

I’ve just spent a week at the Es Saadi Palace in Marrakech. My experience with Es Saadi however began long before I ever got to Morocco. Never having stayed at the Es Saadi, or been to Marrakech before, I began planning far in advance. I wished to arrange things as much as possible before I got there to ensure the experience was what I wished it to be. Which it has been. None of this early planning would have been possible without the able help and assurances of the Es Saadi reservation agents, especially Lamia Alfa and Nadine Jadari, who answered all of my questions, and made reservations at several restaurants, along with Concierges Mr. Errouk and Samir Alalaoui, once I arrived.
My first introduction to Es Saadi Palace was the friendly driver awating my arrival at the Marrakech airport. A friendly face, where he is promised to be, upon first arriving in a foreign country for the first time, is a worthwhile thing. This was my first hint that Es Saadi would deliver on all they promised, and more.
Es Saadi is conveniently located just outside the medina. In a way, a perfect location. A 10 minute walk will put you in the centre of all the action in Djema El Fna Square and bustling souks in the medina. Right next door is Casino Marrakech. Fine dining is in the hotel or casino, and many more options within walking distance or short cab or caleche ride away. But when you want to escape the heat, noise, action of the exotic city, the oasis of Es Saadi is nearby.
With luggage collected, I was quickly taken to the Palace and greeted by music, friendly door men and reception staff, some hot mint tea and sweets. Check in was taken care of while I indulged, then after a short tour, including the Spa, I was taken to my Villa.
This was a gift really. The Villa stay was an upgrade by the hotel. Of course such a thing is not to be an expectation at any hotel, but their willingness to do this was itself a precursor of the fine service which would follow for the next week.
I am a bit of an oddity; a single traveler who does not speak much French and no Arabic or Berber. But none of this was an issue at the Palace (although somewhat at the Spa). My villa was the Art Deco. A spectacular place to spend the week. So much so that I changed plans to spend more time in my room! To lounge in my very own L-shaped private pool. Have a wonderful meal and wine on my outdoor patio, with the Villa’s wonderful butler service.
The staff including the excellent butler service at the Villa was always friendly, prompt, and of high calibre. Whatever you asked for, they asked if you wanted more. The door men in their smart white uniforms were also very friendly and willing to help with finding a cab or caleche or do whatever you needed doing. Each night I would return from my adventures in the city or medina to find my room well taken care of, lanterns lit at poolside, trays of sweets and plenty of water (which you will need in the Moroccan heat). The main Palace pool area is extensive and well taken care of, as are the grounds of thriving foliage. On my last night, the owner kindly sent over a parting gift of olive oil and marmalade. This was indeed like staying at a Palace. Many thanks to the fine people at Es Saadi for making my stay memorable and special. I highly recommend Es Saadi Palace.

Room Tip: Certainly any of the Villas are a spectacular choice and offer the most private and special experien...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank AnthonyBidulka

Dear Anthony,
We are delighted that your stay with us met your expectations and are especially grateful that you have taken the time to share your comments with all interested. . I have passed your compliments to Nadine, Lamia, Samir and Errouk as well of course as the rest of the team.
They join me to say a big thank you! Warm regards, Laurence Jeanvoine

Reviewed April 8, 2012

five star hotel, convenient to sites in Marrakesh. We liked the Bulgarian violin/piano duo who entertained every night.

Room Tip: Being away from the main street lets you keep the doors to the balcony open at night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank harvey44

Dear Harvey,
thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback and the opportunity to have received your business. Warm regards, Laurence Jeanvoine

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Only good works for this hotel!the service is very nice and polite clean rooms everytime nice views...its a destiny you dont care to come many times,its my second.perfect!

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank marlock10

Dear Marlock,
From all of us here at the Es Saadi Gardens & Resort, thanks you very much for selecting our hotel, your visit and your generous comments. We look forward to your next visit and the pleasure of serving you again. Warm regards, Laurence Jeanvoine

Reviewed January 18, 2012

If u want to experience staying in a palace this is where you want to go. The spa pool and facilities are fantastic, a little pricey but definetly worth every penny. The palace can be a little quite but that's what we wanted. It was a real pleasure to be there and the staff were fantastic! Definetly will visit again this year!

• Stayed: February 2011

Dear Rhaina,
We are delighted that your stay with us met your expectations and are especially grateful that you have taken the time to share your comments with all interested. On behalf of my team thank you very much for your business. Please do not hesitate to contact us soon for your next stay, warm regards, Laurence Jeanvoine