Review Highlights
GREAT EXPERIENCE! GREAT DRIVER!

We did the Marrakech to Fez Desert Trip that lasted three days. It was a very exciting experience... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
bferrufino13
Washington DC, District of Columbia
via mobile
Amazing adventure! Amazing time!

My partner and I took a private 3 days tours from Fez to Marrakesh. The experience was amazing and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Mélanie P

Recommended experiences in and around Marrakech
from $117.94
from $59.53
from $39.31
from $275.00
More Info
All reviews desert trip private tour camel ride first night sahara garden atlas mountains private tent bus driver sand dunes great trip shared tour days trip great driver long ride local music highly recommend this tour amazing experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We did Viator tour that included camel rides and a 2 hour hike up the Atlas Mountains. We had tea with our guide DRIS in his Berber family’s home. He was outstanding!! The hike is one of my top travel experiences. Our driver Lrhcin was helpful and knowledgeable. He went out of his way at the end of the day to take us to purchase our train tickets we needed for the following day. Highly recommend this tour, the driver and the guide.

Lana

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of the employees (I use the word employee loosely, as the pay is room and bored) repeatedly punched a camel in the face when it didn’t obey the initial orders. At night they keep the camels in place by wrapping a rope around the camel’s knee so it can’t get up. The camels sit cuffed all night unable to move or stand as they defecate on theirselves. The price was good; too good. I felt like a terrible person for taking part in it. People who paid for the “luxury tent upgrade” were in the same camp as the people who didn’t. The promotional pictures showed endless sand dunes, but the site we went to had a very minute sand-dune. Spending an additional day in the cramped van to see the big sand dunes would have been a tall order, as the short van trip we took felt never ending. I will admit with a guilty conscience that I feel like the pictures we got were especially great. I think the operator should charge more and install a post for the camels and better conditions for the animals, tourists and “employees.”

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank SkiUT
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked the private tour for three days and two nights from Fes to Marrakech. Started out our journey meeting the friendliest driver in the country, Reda. He knows the best views along the way to Merzouga and stops for the best photo spots as if he read our minds. When we got to our luxury camp in the Sahara, the tents looked exactly like the pictures we saw on their website. Definitely exceeds our expectations, food was amazing with incredible hospitality. The entertainment of traditional Berber music and dance made the evening more exciting. The only downside is that the drive was time consuming but the scenic views and landscape made the overall experience unforgettable. We highly recommend this company to anyone visiting Morocco and will definitely use their service on our next visit.

1  Thank hansfilbert
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We searched for a desert tour through internet, before we visit Marrakech. I've contacted many times the Marrakech Desert Trips (MDT) through Facebook and they were always of our assistance before we book. This gave us the assurance that it will not be a fake agency and we will not lose our money. The MDT website was very informative and provided us with a good idea of what we would expect from the tour chosen. The MDT requests a deposit, but the Paypal way of money transit was a safe-option of transaction. We paid the rest on the day of the trip.

We've chosen a 2 day Zagora desert trip. The drive picked us up from a designated meeting point within 2 minutes from our Riad. They drove us to the meeting point of the other vans and then our journey began.

Our van had no a/c and this was a difficulty, however we had many stops on our 7-hour drive. When we arrived at the desert camps, the berbers welcomed us and we had a camel-trekking for an hour. Camp was a great experience and everything was very well organized.

Aziz, the focal point of the MDT who was mostly cooperative and friendly. MDT without Aziz, would have been completely different. At the end of the trip I forgot my phones at the van, and Aziz brought them to me at the airport with his bicycle - I really appreciated.

1  Thank Ioannis L
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Mohammed was a great tour guide qho took us from Marrakech to Sahara desert and all the way back to Marrakech on this beautiful Sept 2019 3 days desert tour. He showed us many hisden gems along the road to the desert including Limestone river canyon and Ouarzazate where we had a magnificent time hiking. He also introduced us to places where it was great for tourista to take pictures and places where tourists can put on Morocco costumes and take pictures!

In addition, there are many hidden food places along the road that we would never had known without him. You definitely have to try the Berber omelette!

He would also go out of his way to drive and find us to the nearest pharmacy and market whenever we need to buy some medication, water or need to use the toilet.

Lastly, he is very funny and definitely made this tour more enjoyable with the long 9 hours car ride back to Marrakech. Would definitely go on this tour again and I highly recommend Mohammed as a guide.