“Very uncomfortable” 1 of 5 stars

Surrey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very uncomfortable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I went to Chez Ali with a friend yesterday evening. We found the staff to be unfriendly and the performers made it evident that they didn't want to be there,thus making us feel very awkward. We didn't find the experience to be authentic and the food was not very good - we'd had better in the souks. Overall it was all very fake and poor value for money.

3 Thank SurreyRos

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Goa
“Tourist Trap in Marrakech”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

After being served a bland, mass catered meal we were still hungry. The dancers that came to our tables were obese and barely moved. Looking for tips and cursing you if you didn't tip.

The much advertised horse show would have been a good experience except for the terrible LOUD fire crackers that scared the pants off us (and the poor horses!)

The show also ends late, the drive is long so its more or less an evening ruined.

Wiltshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“The worst experience in Marrakech”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Please please avoid this hideous, expensive nightmare! For €100 you could have a fabulous night out in Marrakech and not waste it on this Butlins meets a mass-catering canteen meets a show in the semi darkness. We arrived late as the driver didn't know what he was doing so we had a rushed meal before being herded into the area around the arena to peer into the barely lit show area.

Marrakech is wonderful place so don't spoil your visit by going to the Fantasia show!

Croydon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We booked a evening at Chez Ali, through our hotel, 4 Adults 3 Children, cost us 2250 dirhams, what a waste of money! I would not recommend this to anyone, it was supposed to be an evening to show us the traditional Moroccan ways, well it was an poor attempt! Not only did the meal let us down (the only time i was still hungry on my holiday) but the whole ambience and entertainment did. The performers were as if they were there just for the sake of it, no enthusiasm, expression or effort! We thought there would be at least the fireworks that the children will enjoy, but there wasn't any, not sure what happened there! So disappointed, felt we had wasted not only our money but our time too!!

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Abi_uk5
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Chez Ali Fantasia - A lot of Entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

After reading the reviews, I almost dreading going (figured MedEvil Times jousting meets Morocco) however; it was on my itinerary from Oussaden Tours and much to my surprise, I really enjoyed it. The food was good and I did not expect a 5 star dinner nor did I receive one but all in all the food was good, the show however; was very entertaining, lively, and enjoyable. We were advised to dress warmer since the show did take place outside. We ate under a tent and the dancers came in and danced around the tables and played drums while chanting, the people at my table all like to have fun, so a few people got up voluntarily and had a blast dancing with the dancers. The show tells a story and the Arabian horses were absolutely amazing, talented, and beautiful. Glad I went and enjoyed myself despite the negative reviews.

Visited March 2013