The Riad is a nice hotel in a quite area on the backside of the souk and in the middle of the old city. The location makes is a great place for walks into the bazar or generally through the old town. Nevertheless it is located in a slightly remote part of the medina and it did not feel SAFE to leave or return to the hotel alone and without a local escort at night. Now I am a 30 year old guy who is usually never worried about security - I travelled remote places in different parts of the world but in order to get out of / back to the hotel, one has to walk through a kind of tunnel system which is quite dark and some local guys were hanging around watching who enters - it just felt like the perfct passage to get mugged in. So whenever I wanted to to leave the hotel I always asked for one of the hotel staff to accompany me into more busy streets for a tip of approx EUR 2.- and whenever I returned I either asked a security guy who guarded a square closeby to get me back for the same EUR 2 tip. If there was no security guard I'd ask the taxi driver to escort me or I'd call the hotel to send someone out. I am usually quite easy going but this time I felt unsafe which for me is a big downside of this place. I also would recommend not to walk back through the streets at night but always take a taxi.
NEVERTHELESS security is pretty much the only downside of the Riad. The management is very personable and feels more like staying at a family guesthouse rather than a hotel - everyone was EXTREMELY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL (the manager Simohammed - sorry if I misspelled the name - did an amazing job!!) and also the rest of the staff was really nice. The rooms are good - not 5 star but 4 star category - the breakfast is quite simple: amazing addictive peppermint tea (or coffee which I never tried) plus some simple local bread with jam and delicious fresh orange juice - thats it. The pool is too small to swim but forms a cute feathure of the hotel - it is more like a decorative pond to sit next to and have a tea. I never ate at the hotel as restaurants in Marrakesh are far too amazing to eat in. The rooms are exactly as on the tripadvisor picture - really beautiful and classic.
So - if you want a very intimate quiet romatic place and you dont mind the security issue raised earlier and if you dont expect a polished 5 star Four Seasons hotel but a lovely special old town feel - this is your place :)
PS: Order a hotel taxi to pick you up at the airport - you will never find the place by yourself. Alternatively you should make sure that your taxi driver finds you a local guy on the street who will bring you to the hotel. Tip them EUR 5 if they help you with the luggage - they will ask for EUR 20 or even more :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Un des joyaux de la Médina à l’abri des regards...Un Palais du XVIII, où règne la magnificence des mille et une nuits … 10 chambres, Spa de 200 m2, salle de fitness : culture du bien-être. Les plaisirs de la table avec son Restaurant «gastronomie marocaine».Un moment magique avec son Jardin sur la grande terrasse.La plénitude de ses 3 patios dont un avec Piscine. Retrouvez un lieu privilégié dont le nom,"Esprit du Maroc"exprime le raffinement de sa décoration sortie tout droit d’un rêve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire, Prestigia, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Riad & Spa Esprit du Maroc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad & Spa Esprit Du Maroc Hotel Marrakech
- Riad And Spa Esprit Du Maroc
- Riad Esprit Du Maroc Marrakech