Riad L'Orchidee
Riad Kniza(Marrakech)
$257
$161
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

La Maison Arabe(Marrakech)
$300
$215
Agoda.com
Riad 72(Marrakech)
$152
$147
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

$591
$515
All reviewslovely riadairport transferroof terraceold citythe ground floorbreakfast was includedminute walksmall poolcamel ridethe main squarepancakesplunge poolrooms are spaciousstayed here for nightstaginecourtyardsouks
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I have just had a quick look at others´reviews and can confirm that the place is indeed lovely. nicely decorated and that the breakfast is very good (and sweet!). I also agree that it is rather hard to find 1st time. It is in a quiet back alley. One or two m i n o r niggles: the room itself was anything but sound-proofed, meaning you could other guests chit chat at breakfast or tweeting birds (I later bought myself ear plugs). I was also quoted in Euros, but because I paid by card was charged in local currency and with an added fee for having paid by card. This in itself doesn´t bother me, but had I been made aware of this, I would have simply gone to a cash machine and paid cash.
The people were very nice and friendly and the service was ever so good. English / French spoken.

Room Tip: I couldn´t say whether the other rooms were any better!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I had the pleasure to stay in Riad Orcidee for 3 nights in november 2011. The place is clean, nice and quiet. The rooms are tasteful decorated, and every room are named according to the colours used. Typical marrocan (and sweet) breakfast, a good start of the day. The riad might be a bit hard to find the first time, but give them a call and they will meet you in the nearest square.

I experienced the best service ever in this riad. The first morning we decided to skip breakfat, since we had a late night out, and breakfast was a bit too early for us. But when we on our way out at 12.00, they were still waiting for us with fresh breakfast. Next morning we were going out extremely early (5.00 am), so we wanted skip breakfast. Not possible; at 5.00 am the service personel were waiting with fresh breakfast again. Absolutely great:-)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We stayed at L'orchidee for 3 nights in Oct 2011 and definitely enjoyed the place. The location is within the medina, on the outskirts though - a good 15 mins walk to Jema el fna. The place is very cosy, very nicely done, and gives a real oriental feel, with its magnificent pool area. The place was clean and the staff was friendly. However, the service was at times a little bit chaotic. It seems, that occasionally, the morning staff doesnt liaise with the evening staff, which ends up in information being lost (e.g. breakfast time). This is particulary a pain when you are ready to leave a 6.30am and nobody is around (despite you having told them). Another shortcomings was the quality of the towels at disposal: I acknowledge that laundry softener is a luxury, but the towels we were given were as rough as sand paper. And lastly, try to avoid getting a ground floor room as, if there are guests socialising in the dining area, you wont be able to sleep.
BUT DONT GET ME WRONG, despite a few areas to improve, the place is great and the positives largely prevail over the negatives.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms if possible, as the place is far from being sound-proof. You dont hear the street sounds but you do hear other guests.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katie and Xavie... K
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My husband and I, and my brother-in-law stayed here for two nights. An absolute pleaseant surprise to arrive and see such an incredibly beautifully decorated riad. The great thing about this place is to get to it you do not need to negotiate the mopeds, shopkeepers, carts, bicycles etc in the medina. It is away form all this which is fab on arriving after a long car journey. The place is quiet as most riads are in the medina. The breakfast was excellent and beautifully presented. There was WiFi as it states and in our room. We did not see the terrace as it was raining. That did not spoil the enjoyment of the rest of the riad. Brilliant value for money. A place we would stay again, we just loved it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I found this riad after an aimless search on trip advisor and chose it primarily because it had three-bed rooms and was well priced. Stayed total of three nights and would thoroughly recommend - it definitely deserves a much higher standing on the popularity ladder (currently no.190).

Location: tucked away in a side street but not diffult to find after the first trip. Its pretty central - literally walk across the car park and you're in the Souks. Takes approx 15-20 mins to walk to the Plaza. Can get taxis very easily from the car park. I'd recommend emailing the staff there to arrange a taxi to pick up from the airport.

Service: really friendly and very helpful. The staff (Christophe et al) were all lovely. Continental breakfast served quickly and was yummy, a good break from all day tangine/cous cous. I would also recommend the dinner service there too, which we had on the evening we arrived.

Room: very simple, adequate sized. Clean. Can be slightly noisy in the early morning with nearby mosque prayer calls and various rooster calling at 5am, but did not affect my sleep after first evening.

There's a dipping pool in centre of the riad (which is shaped like a courtyard) and a roof top terrace too, perfect for chilling out after crazy day out in the city. Decor is quite new and chic.

All in all, we were very happy with our stay and thoroughly recommends this riad.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends