“Friendly staff decent food nice modern and trendy”
Review of Kechmara

Kechmara
Ranked #109 of 905 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: International, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Really enjoyed the vibe here friendly and efficient went back three times! Watched rugby one night and only had drinks but the staff were very welcoming

1  Thank patricia1416

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Located in the Gueliz district of Marrakech, this is much more peaceful than the hussle and bustle of the Medina. Easily found on Rue De La Liberte, its open all day too. A lot of restaurants in this area close between lunch and dinner, but they're open the whole time so need to worry about getting a table.

With an obvious European influence, the staff all speak fluent English, were knowledgable, friendly, and prompt.

A simple burger (much hungered after days on the road and tagines) was cooked medium to perfection. Sit outside on the rooftop and enjoy the heat. Eating here another day, I enjoyed a steak tartare that put many I've had in the UK to shame, and my partners Monkfish would make you wonder how we can't do it that well in the UK being surrounded my the seas.

At night, the lights go down, tables become candlelit, and locals come out to drink and eat here too. Definitely one of the more stylish places for simple affordable food.

If this was in my home town, I'd go every week

1  Thank fourcolourblack
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I came to the restaurant with a group of friends. The setting is very nice and we ate on the terrace. It seemed everyone had a different opinion on the food though. I had the croque monsiuer and I'm positive it was microwaved! I took a bite and burnt my whole mouth! It was also soggy and in general disappointing. One friend had the curry burger and said it was okay. Other friends had salads which they really liked. Overall the ambiance was good, but the food was just okay. It is a nice place to have a break from Morocco, and I might go back and try again and order something different.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We came here after 6 days in Marrakech - one of our party had a lot of difficulty with local food, so this was a huge relief. The food is fantastic, and the wine's not bad - but the bill was pretty hefty. I ate 2 courses, had wine, and shared a dessert, so 285 dirhams wasn't outrageous, but was significantly more than anywhere else I ate that week. The burgers are fantastic.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Having spent an entire week in the heart of Jeema al fna, it was a welcome relief to visit the modern area of Gueliz and enjoy some calamare and a juicy burger with fries. Wine, cocktails and tapas made for a perfect evening with candlelights alighting the rooftop. I can strongly recommend to those of you who almost grimace at the thought of more tagine and couscous, that this menu is compiled of fresh ingredients and hearty delicious dishes. They also have a great selection of salades and gourmet starters. I would strongly recommend to others looing for a haven away from the hustle and bustle (and constant 'hustling') of the souks....

3  Thank Eva J