“Modern and DELICIOUS” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kechmara
Ranked #103 of 790 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: American, European, Bar, International
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Modern and DELICIOUS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

My friend and I visited Kechmara upon a recommendation and we weren't disappointed!

The restaurant itself is very modern, clean and inviting with a beautiful roof terrace. Apparently there is sometimes live music up there, though not when we visited. We sat of the terrace for our meal and it was lovely and cool, a retreat from the heat outside.

The service was excellent and the drinks were TO DIE FOR. Beautiful cocktails. We had a two course meal of Moroccan style tapas and then mains. I think it was chicken skewers and then duck with apple chutney. Both were absolutely delicious and reasonably priced.

We finished our meal with traditional mint tea which was lovely as the sun came down and they illuminated the terrace with candles.

I can't recommend Kechmara enough, I would definitely go back given the chance.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank estansf

chichester
“Worth it for the cocktails”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Ate there, we started with two Caipirinhas (Brazilian cocktails) these were excellent, certainly measure up against any we have had anywhere else. We had the San Diego burger and fries and the roast chicken with sauté potatoes. Both were ok, nothing outstanding though.
On a side note this was one of the few places I found that sold draught beer.
An ok meal though nothing great

1 Thank Grant H
Marrakech, Morocco
“Went for a cold drink, was surprised with a great chicken sandwich.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

An excellent friend told me about Kechmara and how I should check it out. Finally I did thinking we could get a nice cold drink and get out from the Marrakech heat. It was nicely air conditioned so we were not sweating bullets.
Service took a bit to get to us, but I'm learning that just might be the Marrakech unless your in a five star hotel. Anyway got the menu and got a very nice carrot infused virgin cocktail with a splash of cinnamon. We also got a chicken sandwich that was incredible. It had eggplant, some sort of lettuce, and an incredible sauce that reminded me of the big chicken wing restaurants in the US. In the states it's called buffalo wing sauce. It was totally great and I recommend it to anyone.

“Rooftop bar excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Very trendy, nice food, friendly staff, had a wonderful evening.
I ordered a salad and rose wine, my boyfriend just had a burger, the staff were very attentive and after our meal we stayed around for drinks and they had a dj.
Definitely recommend it for young couples (although there were older people there to) around 9-10 for dinner as that's when it started really filling up.

1 Thank Mel2345
London, United Kingdom
“perfect lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We found this restaurant by accident - it is on a great street for shopping. Perfect buzzy restaurant serving great salads, burgers, steaks, etc. Looked like the tourist & ex-pat crowd dining there, but it was a perfect way to spend a sunny lunchtime - on the roof.

• Visited November 2012