“Enjoyed it so much we went twice”
Review of Kechmara

Kechmara
Ranked #112 of 944 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: International, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Having booked a 9 day holiday in Marrakech and getting a little tired of traditional cuisine, we found Kechmara in a guide book and searched it out (not as simple as it sounds in Marrakech) but it was easy enough to find and we sat on the roof terrace and had lunch. Service was quick and the food was excellent, it was refereshing to have a very varied, yet simple menu to pick from.
As a result, a few nights later after a day trip out of the city, we wanted something tasty and quick to eat and decided Kechmara was a good bet again, this time we had dinner and a few glasses of wine, again service was very good, and the food was also excellent- my husband had the burger both times, whilst I went for the duck salad and the chicken skewers.
Overall, a cool, relaxed place with a nice feel, quick service and excellent food.

1  Thank KellyEllenB

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I read the mixed reviews on this place and didn't know what to expect. It's a little tricky to find but once we got there (thanks to my fiancées greats sense of direction!) I began to think what on earth were people moaning about! This place's decor is awesome, with an amazing sixties feel and some really cool jazz music playing in the background, we were right at home. We decided to have tapas from the menu, which was beautiful. As we are 1 vegan and 1 veggie, the were enough options for us to share. The mushrooms with lemon and herbs are incredible! The staff are young, very polite and friendly and are willing to help any way they can, even if your French is as awful as ours! They all speak good English. The food is very well priced, 280 Dhs for all our tapas and a pint and 1/2 of beer! They also gave us good directions when we left as we asked where the nearest sheesha cafe was to finish off our evening. We loved every minute of it, and would recommend it to all cool people!! :-)

1  Thank jess c
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for a few late night drinks and love the atmosphere, jazz and blues music playing, candles and chill staff. The drinks weren't strong at all , something of trend since I got to Morocco but the flavors were good, the lychee cocktail was my favorite. Weather permitting, the terrace looks like a good time and the food smelled great.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

A hip bar/restaurant in the new town with a great Asian twist to its menu. Real fires, and 70s plastic chic furniture; huge screens with an occasional and, thankfully discreet, DJ playing some 90's tunes. The service is friendly and efficient and had no qualms in tweaking the menu for the halal. My partner had the chicken burger with fries all with a taste of the Orient while I had chicken satay and rice. The wine is good, but slightly expensive. We finished with an old school banana split.
We found this late on in our holiday or else I guess we would have gone there again.

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Lovely restaurant in the new Marrakech. Relax atmosphere and amazing food. I had a duck magret with spice apple chutney and i was pleasantly suprised. Would recoment to anyone as is not too expensive .