WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Perfect luxury without the fuss but all the attention to detail” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maison MK

Maison MK
Ranked #8 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
North Wales
“Perfect luxury without the fuss but all the attention to detail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

The hotel is in a perfect location only a short walk from the centre of the medina in Marrakech. The first thing I noticed was the contrast from the bustle and noise of the medina. The hotel is a perfect oasis of calm from the cool ground floor pool and lounging area to the rooftop terrace. The room was stylish and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Air conditioning, music and the signature orange blossom oil completed the room experience alongside rose petals on the bed, fresh flowers and fruit. The massage and hammam were an amazing experience with the therapists obviously enjoying treating the guests. The staff were always attentive and helpful. Additional touches made us feel looked after like the mobile phone preloaded with credit and all the phone numbers you could want (including the hotel in case we got lost) and the ipod in the room with enough music to keep anyone happy. I particularly enjoyed breakfast on the roof terrace. I am looking forward to returning to this haven with my partner instead of a friend next time.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2009

If you’re looking for a place of comfort, fantastic service, a relaxing environment, pampering and indulgence. Maison MK offers this in abundance.

Maison MK is centrally located in the Medina, very close to Jemaa El Fana .

The whole interior of mk reflected wonderful taste and design.

My room at mk was so beautifully furnished - attention to detail was evident everywhere - the rose petals on the bed, gorgeous bathtub, softest bed linens, wonderful toiletries, exquisite lighting, and of course there was more. Lovely personal touches like iPods and cell phones in every room.

Every morning, a coffee tray was left outside my door. Once I was dressed and ready, I headed up to the gorgeous open terrace for a delicious breakfast. – Freshly squeezed orange juice, breads, jams, homemade yogurt, eggs, coffee and tea. For a foodie a dream and the view of the Koutoubia from the roof was amazing.

Pauline and the wonderful team gave me advice about shopping in the souks, where to have lunch and places to visit.

The food at mk is excellent and it is worth enjoying at least one lunch and dinner during your stay. I had a few lunches and dinners, which were absolutely delicious. Traditional Moroccan cooking at its best.
If there’s one thing that is a must during your stay at the Riad. Then it has to be the hammam and massages. You simply can’t leave without having one or two! In fact, you may decide to spend your entire holiday in the Riad. They have a lounge area that you can spend hours reading and relaxing in or the games room where you can watch your favorite movies. They even provide popcorn!!!

The terrace became a favorite sunbathing spot and the riad has the benefit of a pool in the courtyard, which was perfect for cooling off!

It is not a place for children nor does it have disabled access but then it does not hold itself out to provide such facilities. As for its location- it is a short drive from the airport and it is a short walk to the Souk and all it offers.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Aberdeenshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

We stayed for 3 nights last October and this place was brilliant. All the staff are excellent, the food was high quality and nothing was too much trouble.

The location is very good, much better than the previous riad we had stayed in at the start of our holiday. Our room was lovely, with the duck in the bathroom provided some amusement!

Highly recommended is the massage, wonderfully relaxing with some lovely touches.

The whole ambience of Maison is spot on and we wouldn't hesitate recommended it to anyone wanting to stay in Marrakech!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2009

I've stayed at a few 5 star resorts and hated them because I always feel like I'm intruding on a private party I'm not supposed to be at. Not the case at Maison MK. The moment you walk in you feel like you belong. The take care of everything without being invasive. It's luxurious but comfortable. It's foreign but familiar.

Everyday they had a tart and tea waiting after we came back from an exhausting day in the city. They arranged dinner, something that I normally hate, but done with such grace and ease that you just felt like your friend was taking care of things for you. We went for our honeymoon and I wish I had the staff at Maison MK there for our wedding, it would have relieved all of our stress.

When I left I wasn't sure if I would go back to Morocco because there are just so many places to go, but I'm sitting back here in Chicago 6 months later wondering if I can fit Marrakech in this winter. Maison MK was that good.

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Guildford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2009

We decided to spend New Years Eve 2009 in Marrakech and selected Maison MK because of its location and because we like boutique hotels.

We had a wonderful time. The hotel is really stylish and is in a great location. The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly. The only (very minor) quibble was the piped music in the hotel which got a bit repetitive (Paul - you need to get some more CDs!).

Overall, if you want a bit of luxury and tranquility in the heart of Marrakech stay at Maison MK - we'll definitely be going back.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2009

Its coming up to a year since my husband and I stayed in Maison MK and we are still talking about it and still recommending it to anyone who mentions going to Marakkech.
The whole place was amazing; The decor, the attention to detail, the comfort and especially the service.
The staff recommended and booked restaurants for us every night and they never disappointed. One night, one of the staff even accompanied us to the restaurant to show us a short cut!
The roof top terrace was incredible and the highlight of our trip was most definitely a meal there that the staff at MK cooked for us. They decorated the terrace for my birthday and truly spoilt us - it was certainly a day to remember!
I have nothing negative to say about this place, we were constantly surprised by additional touches that made sure we are still talking about our stay a year on - a super cool place!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2009

My wife and I stayed for 5 days and 4 nights at Maison MK and had an absolutely wonderful visit. The staff is wonderful and really make you feel comfortable and at home while taking care of your every need. The location is great, and the Riad is very comfortable and relaxing. The rooms are very plush with nice big tubs and great ambiance. I completely recommend it as it's great to have such a nice calm place to return to after touring the often hectic streets of Marrakech. We did a tour of the city and a trip to the mountains that we booked with the hotel and both were very enjoyable. Pauline even took us shopping for lighting one day. We hope to return soon!!!

On a side note, stop by Moustafa's leather shop that's just a half block up from the riad (towards the gate). Amazing handmade bags, poofs, and slippers from a really nice guy who's not going to rip you off. WAY cheaper and nicer than the junk they try and sell you in the souks.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple