“You Feel Like You've Just Moved Into Your Personal Palace” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maison MK

You added Maison MK to your Saves list
Maison MK
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Derb Lafkih Sbaai | Quartier Ksour, Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #4 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
chicago, IL
“You Feel Like You've Just Moved Into Your Personal Palace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

I've stayed at a few 5 star resorts and hated them because I always feel like I'm intruding on a private party I'm not supposed to be at. Not the case at Maison MK. The moment you walk in you feel like you belong. The take care of everything without being invasive. It's luxurious but comfortable. It's foreign but familiar.

Everyday they had a tart and tea waiting after we came back from an exhausting day in the city. They arranged dinner, something that I normally hate, but done with such grace and ease that you just felt like your friend was taking care of things for you. We went for our honeymoon and I wish I had the staff at Maison MK there for our wedding, it would have relieved all of our stress.

When I left I wasn't sure if I would go back to Morocco because there are just so many places to go, but I'm sitting back here in Chicago 6 months later wondering if I can fit Marrakech in this winter. Maison MK was that good.

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Guildford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

We decided to spend New Years Eve 2009 in Marrakech and selected Maison MK because of its location and because we like boutique hotels.

We had a wonderful time. The hotel is really stylish and is in a great location. The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly. The only (very minor) quibble was the piped music in the hotel which got a bit repetitive (Paul - you need to get some more CDs!).

Overall, if you want a bit of luxury and tranquility in the heart of Marrakech stay at Maison MK - we'll definitely be going back.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

Its coming up to a year since my husband and I stayed in Maison MK and we are still talking about it and still recommending it to anyone who mentions going to Marakkech.
The whole place was amazing; The decor, the attention to detail, the comfort and especially the service.
The staff recommended and booked restaurants for us every night and they never disappointed. One night, one of the staff even accompanied us to the restaurant to show us a short cut!
The roof top terrace was incredible and the highlight of our trip was most definitely a meal there that the staff at MK cooked for us. They decorated the terrace for my birthday and truly spoilt us - it was certainly a day to remember!
I have nothing negative to say about this place, we were constantly surprised by additional touches that made sure we are still talking about our stay a year on - a super cool place!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

My wife and I stayed for 5 days and 4 nights at Maison MK and had an absolutely wonderful visit. The staff is wonderful and really make you feel comfortable and at home while taking care of your every need. The location is great, and the Riad is very comfortable and relaxing. The rooms are very plush with nice big tubs and great ambiance. I completely recommend it as it's great to have such a nice calm place to return to after touring the often hectic streets of Marrakech. We did a tour of the city and a trip to the mountains that we booked with the hotel and both were very enjoyable. Pauline even took us shopping for lighting one day. We hope to return soon!!!

On a side note, stop by Moustafa's leather shop that's just a half block up from the riad (towards the gate). Amazing handmade bags, poofs, and slippers from a really nice guy who's not going to rip you off. WAY cheaper and nicer than the junk they try and sell you in the souks.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

Like many others before, I had read the reviews of Maison MK and could not really believe that it would be as great as people said.... Like the many others who have been lucky enough to stay here, it more than exceeded our expectations!

In this day and age it can be hard to live up to the hype, but this Riad is just amazing. We had researched countless other properties and narrowed the choices down to three. I emailed Paul and got a great response, despite him being back in England at the time. The other places didn't seem to really bother, and were not personalised - Paul took the time and effort to make us feel welcome, even before we actually got there. This set the scene of things to come...

I cannot add much more to what has already been said. A fantastic property, dreat central location, wonderful bedrooms, amazing roof terrace (a great place to chill out!), delicious breakfasts overlooking the mountains, great spa, fabulous restaurant, the decadent Camel Room....

I think what sets this place apart is the attention to detail and the service. This is where Paul and his people have got it exactly right. They get an idea of what 'type' of stay you're after, be it chilling out, sightseeing, etc and tailor your trip for you by making great suggestions for restaurants and activities.

We just wanted to relax during the day and eat out in great places in the evenings. All of the recommendations were brilliant, with everything arranged for you. There are few places in the world where this level of attentiveness is given. Everyone truely makes an effort to make you feel special - totally unique!

The extra touches such as the flask of coffee in the morning, afternoon tea and cake, iPod and mobile phone, just took the experience to an even higher level.

The team certainly deserve all of the credit that they are getting and will no doubt continue to get in the future. This is surely the only place to stay when in Marrakech - we will certainly be back!

Thanks!

M&M

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt_Shoreditch
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

We stayed at the Maison MK in June 2009 and have only the best things to say about it so please read on.... Our experience started in London when Paul Hopkins ( the owner ) approached me and took me completely by surprise at the airport at London. To this day I have not worked out how he identified me on a full flight to Morocco but he assures me it was fairly straight forward...I suppose he knows his clients very well... Right form the airport in London we were made to feel most welcome at the Maison MK. Our every need was not only met, it was actually pre-empted and arranged without us even asking!
We really could not ask for more... The staff are attentive, the setting is soo beautifully decorated. Our transport, dinners and nights out on the town were all carefully arranged and exactly to our taste. The ipod and mobile phones provided to each guest are a lovely touch. Thankyou to Paul and his team for an unforgettable few days. We will certainly be going back and making sure all our friends do to!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Nantwich, Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

We've just returned home after spending our Honeymoon in Marakech staying at Maison MK.

What can we say that others haven't said on here before us........? Not a lot really as the reviews sum up Maison MK brilliantly.

From the moment we booked until the moment we were dropped off at the airport to leave Paul (the 'very hands on' owner) and all the staff were extremely helpfull with no request too much trouble. The rooms are stunning and certainly the very best hotel / Riad we have ever experienced in all of our travels.

This really is an oasis of trendy calm and tranquility within the hussle & bussle that is Marakech.

Thank you Paul and all staff for making our honeymoon such a wonderfull, memorable and romantic occasion. If we decide to return to Marakech in the future there is only one place we'll be staying!!!

Chris & Sarah