We had a superb stay in Maison MK. This is not your traditional riad but a modern, updated take on a Marrakech riad in the heart of the Medina. However, the look and feel of the place is that of an upscale Moroccan home, albeit one that has been tastefully renovated with modern amenities
• Location, location, location. Close enough to a taxi, yet a feel of being in the heart of the medina, and only about 5 to 7 mins walk to the quintessential Marrakech destination, Jemaa el-Fnaa.
• The rooms and most of the space are exceptional. From the superb lighting in the bedrooms and bathrooms (truly some of the most innovative and effective use of interior lighting I have seen), to the great music available piped into the room (I want that playlist), excellent bathrooms, cell phones provided in each room for the duration of your stay which double as room phones that are programmed with important local numbers. Lots of lovely nooks and corners, a working home theater where you can watch “Casablanca”, etc.
• Excellent wifi throughout.
• The roof deck, which doubles as the bar, is a great place to unwind and have a drink and/or a snack.
• Excellent restaurant and catering on-site; a modern take on Moroccan cuisine, with some western comfort food thrown in.
• As with any hotel, big or small, the staff makes all the difference and here the staff were all wonderful, and we were looked after very well.
• Expensive experience. Even in March the price is ~E300. (It should be noted that transfers to/from the airport/train station are included). I saw some rooms available at the venerable La Mamounia at that price (obviously without transfers), although after visiting that establishment for a drink, it was definitely not our type of Marrakech hotel. All-in-all MK was well worth it for us.
• There is no traditional front desk/lobby, by that I mean the desk is in a very small tight corner by the front door and is mostly unmanned, requiring a short search for a staff/manager, sometimes a few minutes wait outside the front door waiting for someone to let you in.
• No proper bar although it made little difference to us given the beautiful roof area.
• The pool is just a tiny plunge pool for those that might need a pool in the summer.
All-in-all we had a wonderful time and I would strongly recommend Maison MK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maison MK is a cool, romantic, sophisticated house right in the middle of the Marrakech medina. Everything in the riad is curved and organic. Our five beautiful rooms are creative, rich, romantic, decadent and totally indulgent! We have wow-factor suites, spa loveliness, stunning lighting, and cutting edge design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Maison MK reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Mk Marrakech
- Maison Mk Hotel Marrakech