“Laid-back Luxury in the medina”
Review of Maison MK

Maison MK
Ranked #41 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This Marrakech riad has been refurbished with a great eye for design, from the courtyard plunge pool to the bedroom fittings, and features everything you need for a luxury break: in house hammam, massage room, even a private couples cinema. But the real treat at Maison MK is the service from the staff who take care of everything to make your stay as perfect as possible, and always with a smile.

If staying here, you should definitely take the chance to enjoy the degustation dinner, if not do a cooking course with head chef Omar, and relax with a treatment in the in-house hammam.

Room Tip: Room #3 with the bay window overlooking the central courtyard is pretty special.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Maison MK is a beautiful Riad in a fantastic location (5 mins walk from the square, 2 mins walk from taxi drop off). The owners/staff at Maison MK have thought of everything, including sending the hotel info pack via email in advance of your stay so that you can book excursions, dinner etc before you arrive, to little touches such as cake at 4pm.
The spa is small (1 treatment room and 1 hammam room) but the treatments were excellent and they are very reasonably priced.
Dinner at Gastro MK was delicious, with pre-dinner drinks on the terrace before the meal.
Although in the busy medina area, the Riad itself is very quiet and we slept soundly.
This was our first trip to Marrakech so don't have other Riad's to compare to, but we'd highly recommend Maison MK.

Room Tip: Room 3 has a lovely bay window which floods the room with light.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tripreviewerLondon
Reviewed October 9, 2013

It's very rare for me to want to return to hotels, even when they are as good as they get, as I much prefer to keep moving on. However for Maison MK I am ready to go back at my first opportunity. I felt so very relaxed there. The accommodation is fantastic but its the staff that make the real difference between a great stay and one that is exceptional. Top marks.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

For a top class stay in the ancient Medina of Marakesh you can't beat the Maison MK
Breakfast and lunch are served on the rooftop garden with stunning views over Marakesh.
The old building has been tastefully restored to provide every modern convenience. The staff are friendly and think of your every need including providing you with a mobile phone,so they can come and find you if you get lost in the Souk.There is a varied and delicious menu for dinner and the rooms are all air conditioned combining traditional elegance with modern electronics

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were thrilled when we checked into the hotel and it was exactly as wonderful as the reviews that we had read about it. The staff was extremely accommodating and nice. The rooms were exceptionally clean and had very good design and hip modern Moroccan features. It's steps away from the main square and all of the souks/shopping. They have an extremely extensive welcome guide that tells you all about everything that you would need to know about staying in Marrakech, dining out, day excursions, and general local information. I really could not speak more highly of the staff that they have. Every single thing that my husband and I needed they accommodated and they took very good care of us. they help schedule our day excursions and our reservations for our dinner. They also called one of the restaurants across town when we forgot a beautiful bowl that we purchased on one of the chairs and they had the bowl delivered to the hotel so we did not have to pay for a cab again to go back and get it. On our last day my husband got a stomach bug and they even brought special herbal tea up to our room that they felt might help and they gave us an extra bag of the thyme they used in the tea so he could use it again...although Imodium worked much better...but it was the thought that counted ! The hotel feels very safe and they have the front door locked at all times but there is someone there to open it at any time when you ring the buzzer. It was a lovely experience and much nicer than most of the places we saw in the 6 days we stayed.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This experience was first class. Very helpful staff to the amazing space created by the owners in keeping with tradition yet all the needs of the modern traveller catered for. Fantastic roof top eating drinking relaxing area makes this even more special, take in Morocco from the rooftop and the sights and sounds will be with you always. Perfect location to explore the Medina, the staff on hand to assist you with directions etc etc. The MK comes high on my places I have been around the world as truly exceptional. This is only the 3 rd time ive ever taken the time out to write a review." Class"

James

Reviewed September 25, 2013

My thanks has to be noted for this wonderful five star hotel in Marrakech.
I have to admit I didn’t find it on my own, it was so highly recommended to me by colleagues and friends that I just booked it.
That was also a straight forward process with the owners in England, and from then on, and without any stress or effort even, I just seemed to find myself taken care of.
My trip was part business and part rest. Maison MK gave me just the peace and quiet I needed at the end of a working day. It had the delicate, unobtrusive high quality kind of service that I like. Everything I needed from wifi everywhere, food and drinks anywhere, anytime, and a comfortable feeling as if you were at home. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept on, and the bathrooms simply indulgent with a deep bath and wonderful pressure of hot water for the morning shower. The atmosphere feels professional, secure, chic and relaxed all rolled into one. I imagine you could go about in your dressing gown all day if you liked and no-one would notice. Nothing was too much trouble, in fact they seemed to have thought of all my requests in advance and the trip ran extremely smoothly.

Access was also particularly easy , quick and easy pickup at the airport in a nice large car with and English speaking driver, 10mins transfer at most to the hotel. MK is very close to the city gate ( the gate into the old walled city , the medina) so getting a taxi each day was quick and easy. Cashpoint was nearby, and a handy artisan shopping centre where I managed to do some holiday shopping without the hassle of having to haggle. A quick nip into the square was in order and even that was easy to do in the evening between a nice cocktail at the roof bar and dinner later.

I don’t do reviews normally but it has been on my mind to do this to say thank-you to Maison MK, I travel extensively for my work and never have I felt so easily comfortable and well looked after.

I didn’t get a chance to use all the very long list of spa treatments, or foodie delights that seemed to be on menus everywhere– after all I was meant to be working. I do hope to return one day on a full time leisure trip if I get the chance.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business