“Wonderful luxury, great for a lone traveller” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maison MK

Maison MK
Ranked #4 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
Surrey
“Wonderful luxury, great for a lone traveller”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was my third stay at Maison MK - I am a big fan. It offers everything a visitor needs for a relaxing break in Marrakech in what can only be described as really WOW surroundings. This trip I went on my own without my partner and although Maison MK is a very romantic place, I felt it also offered the perfect accommodation for the lone traveller. You can choose to visit the sights and shopping of Marrakech with a group (MK can recommend) or explore on your own. If you choose to stay in the Riad you can relax in the sun on the roof, watch a film in the private cinema or use their spa (I had one the best massages ever!), there is also a fantastic Bistro. I have travelled alone before and found that some hotels make you feel very isolated or even worse keep trying to adopt you. I felt very comfortable at Maison MK they combined a warm welcome with a respect for my privacy.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Godalm ing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We wanted a short break with our two teenage children. Maison MK exceeded all our expectations and we just had the most wonderful holiday. When we arrived in the hustle and bustle of the city, entering Maison MK was like turning off the sound. It was what I could imagine a little bit of paradise to be. The staff were warm and welcoming. While our bags were taken to our rooms we were invited to sit down with a drink and take in our beautiful surroundings. The interiors are sumptuous and the attention to detail has to be admired. The service at Maison MK is nothing short of five star. The staff could not have done more to make our stay comfortable and relaxing. The chef, Omar, is clearly in a class of his own. We were absolutely amazed at the very high standard of cuisine which has to be on a par with some of the top London restaurants. We also booked in for the morning cookery course with Omar. My children, age 13 and 16 were so impressed and enjoyed making a Moroccan tagine as well as bread. Hanane, the manager also organised our trip including a visit with a guide to the souks. There is also a small spa with one treatment room. I had a massage (woke myself up by snoring!) and pedicure. My daughter had a facial and manicure. I wish we had had longer in the spa. The nail lacquer, even after three weeks, hasn't chipped. The hotel and their staff made our holiday one to remember and we have every intention to return as the break was just not long enough.

Room Tip: We had room 3, room 1 and room 2. Room 3 for couples is a must - very romantic. Room 1 was the same...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

maison mk definitely offers good value. That does not mean it is cheap, but it is worth every penny. The attention to detail is amazing & there are so many little touches that are included - too many to remember, but they include airport taxi transfers, free tea & cakes at 4pm every day (and what superb cakes), mobile phones in your rooms to take out and about, ipods to take out, popcorn in the cinema room, ice lollies whils sunbathing, all the advice you could ever want, etc, etc, etc, etc !
We had the best meal of our trip to marrakesh in the in-house restaurant called gastro mk - it was full the night we ate there, but that only means about 14 people ! Small & perfect - 5 courses of superb food.
The room was stunning & the bed was the most comfy i have ever slept in. A hotel that really knows how to go the extra mile to ensure their guests have a remarkable stay. I would reccommend maison mk completely & without hesitation.
Location is perfect - 3 minutes walk to the incredible main square, 1 minute walk to the taxi. Quiet, but right in the middle of all the action.
The whole team gave us a holiday to remember forever & we definitley plan to come back soon.
Thanks to you all !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

we use tripadvisor a lot, but never put our own reviews on it. So we thought we would make a start and maison MK was so good, we will start with this one.
We read so many reviews about riads on tripadvisor, but kept returning to maison mk - so happy that we did. Hanane and her team make it so special - full of great advice, perfctly unobtrusive staff, and a riad that is even more beautiful in real life than it is on the website.
They never put a foot wrong, restaurant ideas were great, food & drinks at the riad were spot on, and the spa was so relaxing that I fell asleep !
maison mk, please change nothing. The title says it all......PERFECT

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

What a place, after receiving a trip to Marrakech as a surprise birthday present once I found out we were staying at Maison MK after researching the hotel the reviews looked incredible. The hotel is in fact this and more. The Staff could not do enough for us, the spa treatments were a great way to start the mini break then after a busy day walking the streets to return to the chilled out atmosphere on the relaxed roof terrace for drinks, dinner and ambience were outstanding. I am fortunate enough to travel to a lot of hotels with work however have never had the experience and felt so at home and welcome as here, thanks to all the staff, I would recommend this place for to anyone! And hope to receive the same surprise again next year!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I took my boyfriend to this hotel for his 30th birthday and it was a really special stay from start to finish. The Maison MK were attentive and friendly and nothing was ever too much trouble. Breakfast was delightful on the terrace and we loved the fresh OJ, yoghurt and selection of breads combo. We were impressed how tranquil it could be on the roof with birdsong whilst the hustle and bustle of town was in full swing down below, two diff worlds that striked the perfect balance of R&R and adventure. Loved the boutique style of our room and bathroom was heavenly with rainforest shower, created a romantic funky atmosphere and again we were surprised how quiet it was at night being a city retreat. We also made the most of the spa on site and were relieved we opted for the hammam as it was still authentic but felt more hygienic than perhaps a communal one would have been and my massage was nice and strong pressure just how I like it. We are already longing to return here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The numbers say it all: over 430 "excellent" reviews in Tripadvisor, the number 1 restaurant experience in Marrakech... what more can I say? Well, the glowingly positive feedback is all true. This is an exceptional small hotel, designed with meticulous care and eye-for-detail by two very creative Brits (Paul and Aoibheann Hopkins, who we were lucky enough to meet and hang out with on the roof!) and run with equal care and passion by them and their fantastic team, headed by the friendly, super-chic and professional manager, Hanane.

Nothing here is too much trouble. I had a hunch I was going to be in for this kind of experience as soon as I started emailing prior to our trip - the responses were always lengthy, informative and very timely (and friendly too). Having been whisked from the airport, you enter the chaotic, dusty Medina, turn right and then a door with "mk" is ahead of you. Inside lies an oasis of great taste, tranquility and charm.

I loved everything about this place. The food was wonderful - I've eaten in a lot of top places and this was a very solid 1 Michelin-starred standard, which in Marrakech is an achievement (curiously, this city is not the foodie mecca you'd expect). The rooms are beautiful, sporting very high-end finishes and supremely comfortable beds. The view (and sounds) from the roof terrace are amazing, the drinks keep flowing, the pool is super-refreshing, the cinema is a great touch... I did not experience the spa personally but one of our group did and she said it was the best massage of her life.

We took two excursions organised by the riad: one into the Atlas Mountains in a 4x4, visiting an Argan oil co-operative and enjoying lunch in a Berber home; and a half-day learning how to cook Moroccan food with the chef Omar, with a trip to the market, and the communal bread oven, culminating in lunch (our handiwork!) on the roof. Both were organised exceptionally well, and were actually great value for money as well.

If you're visiting Marrakech for a short break, this is the place to go to let somebody else do the organising, relax and enjoy the very best hospitality. Thanks to all, great work, keep it up!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends